• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Weight room

Just as an aside, I was on a tour about a month ago and Boyd was outside what appeared to be his office (we could look in from the hall and he had several monitors in there) and was talking to two defensive assistants. Maybe Phillip isn't big on Boyds input, bit the coaches I saw were cool with him for sure. Also, Boyd talked to the kids, which was cool.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with "I was told....not a rumor"? I mean, by definition....

Last edited:
You lost me. I'm oldish. Help me out here.....
Headquarters-Beercade-Dodgeball-Tournament.jpg

I don't think this should in any way negate the fantastic things Boyd contributed. It should be known, he was always trying new concepts. As an athlete, but not in football, we were usually the so-called Guinea pigs when he wanted to try new things. As a walk-on, I was usually first in line and had no problem with any of their ideas. They worked wonders for me. But those same techniques and ideas that were so novel back then are being taught as part of a regular curriculum for exercise science majors in specific courses today. Old ideas become new again regularly and certain regimens work better with some body types and body physiology than others. S&C becomes incredibly complex when you're trying to maximize, what 300?, different athletes. Hell, they even had specific workouts for the cheer team back then.

Last edited:
Just as an aside, I was on a tour about a month ago and Boyd was outside what appeared to be his office (we could look in from the hall and he had several monitors in there) and was talking to two defensive assistants. Maybe Phillip isn't big on Boyds input, bit the coaches I saw were cool with him for sure. Also, Boyd talked to the kids, which was cool.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with "I was told....not a rumor"? I mean, by definition....

No, you are not. That was my first thought as well. I assumed he meant that either a coach told him that or Boyd did.

After reading this thread and being reminded that Boyd called for this staff to have more t8me, I’m now back to wondering how this doesn’t qualify as unsubstantiated rumor. I also remembered that when it was announced that Boyd was coming back, we were told he wouldn’t be involved in the football program. People thought was to be taken with a wink and a nod.

I think we have to remember that trying times are a breeding ground for all sorts of claims. It happened during the last regime and there is no reason it won’t happen with this regime. There were even suspicions that some were spreading rumors to sabotage Pelini.

At this point, unless I hear it from Boyd, I’m discounting it as unreliable.

No, I was about to post asking for a link. One poster calling it a dumpster fire and there are zero facts to show that is even remotely the case. There are rules about these kind of posts for a reason.

C

I cannot believe what a dumpster fire some peoples posts seem to be right now - on SO many levels. Makes me sick.
giphy.gif

C
Oh that is sooooo cool. Kinda of funny how you call someone out the post before and then this. Wait a minute - the rules you quote only apply to others and not you, right?
Personal attacks in your book are acceptable? Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Oh that is sooooo cool. Kinda of funny how you call someone out the post before and then this. Wait a minute - the rules you quote only apply to others and not you, right?
Personal attacks in your book are acceptable? Brilliant. Just brilliant.

no-answer.gif

I never attacked the poster, I attacked the post.

Was told today....not rumored..... that things with the football coaches and Boyd Epley aren't good. He doesn't have any contact or involvement with football. His concentration is limited to other sports. Not by his choosing either.
Funny, I sat next to Boyd's neighbors at the ASU game this year. They were texting with him as he sat in one of the boxes. Their take was that Boyd could not stop raving about how much more the new staff understood S&C than the last staff did.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back