• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We’re Gonna Get Killed By Nebraska Next Week

tksirius Well-Known Member
Barring Stanley pulling a rabbit out of his ass, we probably lose.
I ain't wanting to be seeing no brown rabbits anytime soon, hope all ya'lls with me on this one....

This guy cracked me up.
Nebraska has beaten the following:

Bethune-Cookman- FCS Historical Black College

Minnesota- Similar to our win against them

Illinois- Nebby gave up 35 pts and nearly 400 yds rushing to a team we are currently curb-stomping.

MSU- To their credit they gutted this one out, but needed the help of 2 turnovers, crappy weather, and a 15/41 performance by MSU's QB, who themselves have been having offensive troubles, and mustered a measly 9 points against them while fumbling twice. As I expected the first real defense they've faced during their recent run largely stymied them, so forgive me if I'm not shaking in my boots.
Mainly because he seems to think that the bad weather favored us in the MSU game. What a dink. When weather is as bad as it was the other day. It always favors the team with the better defense.

Iowa fans were more nervous before they crushed Illinois and our offense was shut down in the snow. I think it will be a close game. I am sick of those big TEs in Iowa City. GBR!

No one from either side "knows" how this game will play out. Huskers were on a major offensive upswing until last Saturday. Hawkeyes had been on a major offensive downslide until last Saturday. Our defense had been sketchy until last Saturday. Their defense has generally been solid; but, a little inconsistent lately.

It could be a blowout either way or a 9-6 field goal game. I have no freakin' idea.

No one from either side "knows" how this game will play out. Huskers were on a major offensive upswing until last Saturday. Hawkeyes had been on a major offensive downslide until last Saturday. Our defense had been sketchy until last Saturday. Their defense has generally been solid; but, a little inconsistent lately.

It could be a blowout either way or a 9-6 field goal game. I have no freakin' idea.
Depending on which Iowa team shows up..the one that scored 63 yesterday or the one that looked horrible against Northwestern the week before,it has to be maddening if you’re a Hawkeye fan.

Thankful I read this thread so I can go ahead and skip reading that link...
As has been mentioned, this game could go either way. I certainly don’t know. I can’t see a blowout either way, unless an avalanche occurs for one team via turnovers etc..
But it’s football so who knows.
I am tired of losing to Iowa I know that; and not only losing but having our rear ends handed to us. IMO this is a bigger game for us than Iowa, but I realize I am a homer. This is our bowl game. But it is also Sr. day for Iowa. The last game for our seniors too, those who have helped reset the buttons for the future of Nebraska Football. Do they come out and play with the passion we saw vs MSU, in what I believe will be another dogfight? I am a bit worried about this one. I am certainly encouraged and have faith that we are headed in the right direction. I believe we all have seen things begin to take shape. But a loss here dampens the spirit for the long winter that is to come.....
In any event,
GBR

Last edited:

I agree. It depends on which NU team shows up. The one that turns the ball over 3 or 4 times and has allot of penalties or the one that doesn't. It also depends on which NU Defense shows up.

I agree. It depends on which NU team shows up. The one that turns the ball over 3 or 4 times and has allot of penalties or the one that doesn't. It also depends on which NU Defense shows up.
We're trending in the right direction on both turnover ratio and penalties since the middle of the season. You're right, if we slide in either one of those stats, it could end up badly.

IMO, the fate of this game lies with Martinez. He has to play much better than he did against MSU for us to win this game.

Thankful I read this thread so I can go ahead and skip reading that link...
As has been mentioned, this game could go either way. I certainly don’t know. I can’t see a blowout either way, unless an avalanche occurs for one team via turnovers etc..
But it’s football so who knows.
I am tired of losing to Iowa I know that; and not only losing but having our rear ends handed to us. IMO this is a bigger game for us than Iowa, but I realize I am a homer. This is our bowl game. But it is also Sr. day for Iowa. The last game for our seniors too, those who have helped reset the buttons for the future of Nebraska Football. Do they come out and play with the passion we saw vs MSU, in what I believe will be another dogfight? I am a bit worried about this one. I am certainly encouraged and have faith that we are headed in the right direction. I believe we all have seen things begin to take shape. But a loss here dampens the spirit for the long winter that is to come.....
In any event,
GBR

I'm wrong sometimes (OK, a lot) but I don't see us reverting to many of the bad habits that have plagued us this year. Penalties have normalized. The turnover thing does worry me some - hard hits + freshmen ball carriers + cold (or wet) weather = higher turnover potential. But I think this team has a fight left in them. I'd say the shorter week would hurt us after such a physical game against Sparty, but IA has the same time to prepare that we do. The Idiots (and the weather) may produce a little more varied attack against our defense than MSU was able to, but their defense isn't the MSU defense either. If I was a betting guy, I'd bet a dollar on the red team to cover. As a nonbetting guy, of course I want NU to win.

IMO, the fate of this game lies with Martinez. He has to play much better than he did against MSU for us to win this game.

I agree. Hoping that above freezing weather helps him some. He was a trooper on Saturday, but it sure looked to me that Mother Nature was in his head.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back