• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #28, (L, 74-58), Mon, 2/25, vs Iowa (21-6) (12-4), @ PBA, 7:30pm CT, BTN

Stats at the end of Q3:

upload_2019-2-25_18-45-46.png

Getting screwed on the calls by the refs (again, or still), Can't call travels on Gustafson!

(That's what I get for listening to Matt & Jeff!)

Last edited:

And that's a Wrap! Final Stats: Discrepancy in shooting %s is the difference in the game.

(We should have paid for Kate's Mom to attend :Stickouttongue:)

upload_2019-2-25_19-10-5.png

Last edited:
These girls fight so hard, it's disappointing to see them come up short. I'm just proud of how hard they play. :Mfclap:

Iowa is just plain better than us right now. Hopefully we can turn that around in future years

With our young team I have felt all year we are a year away from being top end of the conference. This is the 'transition' year from Amy's inherited players to her own recruits. They do need to get to .500 and make some noise in the tourney to play in the post season.

Iowa is at the pinnacle right now and loses Gustafson, and several others, so should drop down next season as they will look to reload. Gustafson is one of those players that will be hard to replace. She is super talented but I don't like her aggressive game underneath. She is good enough she doesn't have to be a 'bully' down low. Basketball, men or women's, isn't supposed to be a full contact sport.

The Hawkeye fan in our house felt that Verbeek was playing more physical than Gustafson ever plays... it's the other teams that play physical with her, it's the only chance they have.

At 13-15, the women now need to win their last game and go 2-1 in the conference tournament, which means a semifinal appearance. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to drop into the bottom four to pick up an easier win.

The Hawkeye fan in our house felt that Verbeek was playing more physical than Gustafson ever plays... it's the other teams that play physical with her, it's the only chance they have.

At 13-15, the women now need to win their last game and go 2-1 in the conference tournament, which means a semifinal appearance. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to drop into the bottom four to pick up an easier win.

I would agree on Verbeek, she is a physical player on everyone and will need to find a balance as she picks up quick fouls frequently because of it.

Disagree on the other teams part on Gustafson, if you watch her go down court she INITIATES a body shot just about every time and late in our game was actually elbowing, legally, on the blocks to establish position. As a defensive player you have two options, allow her to get to her spot...body up and push her out. The offense usually dictates the level of physicality and the defense reacts. I've watched her enough to know she initiates most of the physicality underneath.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back