• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale Robinson is a top priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you've given a fair assessment. You can tell that the competition that he was going against was not very good, but you can also tell that he has quickness and elusiveness that will translate to the college level. I was glad to hear that he works out with the same trainer as Rondale Moore because I don't think most fans recognize how powerful Rondale is. I had said in another thread that I would choose Rondale between the two, but that would be because of the power that he's proven to have already. I'll be pleased to change my mind later. We can't get too many players like either.

Agree. Rondale Moore is as dynamic as Reggie Bush was, and he can squat 600 pounds as well. For his size, Moore's leg power is off the charts. Also, Moore looks like he's faster than Wandale, but I can't be sure.

Nobody can put Wandale in the same league as Moore at this point, but after he plays 5 or 6 games people might start mentioning the two in the same breath. We shall see. They are definitely similar to each other.

Last edited:

Agree. Rondale Moore is as dynamic as Reggie Bush was, and he can squat 600 pounds as well. For his size, Moore's leg power is off the charts. Also, Moore looks like the faster of the two, but I can't be sure.

Nobody can put Wandale in the same league as Moore at this point, but after he plays 5 or 6 games people might start mentioning the two in the same breath. We shall see. They are definitely similar to each other.
Now your learning. :thumbsup:

Now your learning. :thumbsup:

Before I give Wandale a TOAT label like I did with AM, I will at least have to see him in a spring game against FBS competition.

At this point I don't see Wandale taking the Big 10 by storm like Rondale Moore did, but I feel confident he will play as a true freshman on opening day.

Last edited:

Before I give Wandale a TOAT label like I did with AM, I will at least have to see him in a spring game against FBS competition.

At this point I don't see Wandale taking the Big 10 by storm like Rondale Moore did, but I feel confident he will play as a true freshman on opening day.
Personally, I don't think it's possible for him to have the impact Moore did simply based on the fact that Frost likes to spread the ball around to so many different players. Moore is THE focal point of that Purdue offense. In our offense, QB1 is the centerpiece

Last edited:

Barry Sanders wanted to come to Lincoln, and Charlie McBride wanted to sign him, but Osborne had already signed Terry Rodgers, Tyreese Knox, Richard Bell, and a couple of walk-ons, so they didn't have scholarships left to give. McBride said that he would remind Osborne of that when Barry was returning kicks for TDs or running all over them.

Marshall Faulk was recruited, and they wanted him pretty badly. Here's that story:

https://herosports.com/college-football/nebraska-marshall-faulk-recruiting-san-diego-state-ahah

Another parallel that few have mentioned is that we also almost had Emmitt Smith, but his mother didn't want him to go to school so far away.

Great stories. One I always wondered about, after watching the 30-for-30 on him, was Marcus Dupree. Were we ever in on him? Does anyone know?

You don't have to be the first. You can wait. Let's just wait and see.

Personally, I don't think it's possible for him to have the impact Moore did simply based on the fact that Frost likes to spread the ball around to so many different players. Moore is THE focal point of that Purdue offense. In our offense, QB1 is the centerpiece
Was thinking the same thing. We had a 1000 yd rusher and nearly 2 1000 yd WR. When this offense is fully loaded it may be difficult for one player to stand out. Except of course for the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back