• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vinyl Spinner

I get to sleep in tomorrow. A few ales and some tunes tonight. :thumbsup:
CF6C6B75-DF66-4D5B-85F7-CBCC83C07843.jpeg

View attachment 16078 Here's what I run at home...

Pioneer SA-7500 for the amp, Kenwood KD-550 for the spinner, and Paradigm Titan II for the noise makers...
I had that amp. It was great, got mine super cheap on close out. Couldn’t afford a quality receiver so I had an old super cheap Radio Shack tuner that I already owned and paired with it. Worked great for FM. But the reality was we used them for records, so found a great pair of speakers and turntable, also on close out and got a great sounding system for several hundred dollars.

Last edited:
I had that amp. It was great, got mine super cheap on close out. Couldn’t afford a quality receiver so I had an old super cheap Radio Shack tuner that I already owned and paired with it. Worked great for FM. But the reality was we used them for records, so found a great pair of speakers and turntable, also on close out and got a great sounding system for several hundred dollars.
I traded that for the Sansui set up in later photos. I just installed an EQ on it too. Same turntable though. That thing is a beaut.

I traded that for the Sansui set up in later photos. I just installed an EQ on it too. Same turntable though. That thing is a beaut.
In all honesty, I miss my big speakers, I miss my amp, I miss blasting a room in stereo, I miss the art of the album covers and liner notes, I absolutely do not miss vinyl in the least.

I miss vinyl about as much as I miss carburetors... and I miss carburetors even less than points and condensers... the good 'ole days, they were terrible...

Last edited:
Working my way up the learning curve on Turntables again. With the lockdowns, I've pulled out my old stereo equipment and am adding new things so that I have a system set up in a few places around the house.

Current working turntable is a Bang & Olufsen TX2 that I've had since college. Had to get a new cartridge/stylus and thankfully there's one company making them for those old turntables.

Added a NAD 5020A that needs to be cleaned and lubed, and have a Kenwood 3070 on the way as well

Still listen to CD's, Ripped media, Streaming media more than albums, but I have a lot of vinyl still

Working my way up the learning curve on Turntables again. With the lockdowns, I've pulled out my old stereo equipment and am adding new things so that I have a system set up in a few places around the house.

Current working turntable is a Bang & Olufsen TX2 that I've had since college. Had to get a new cartridge/stylus and thankfully there's one company making them for those old turntables.

Added a NAD 5020A that needs to be cleaned and lubed, and have a Kenwood 3070 on the way as well

Still listen to CD's, Ripped media, Streaming media more than albums, but I have a lot of vinyl still
Hey, if you want to get rid of the vinyl, let me know. I don't have a store anymore, but I still listen to records every night. I have a circle of friends who get together once a month and listen to records together, and I'm always looking to grow my library.

Cool turntable, btw. I don't have much experience with tracking tables, and getting someone to service them is even more rare. Without doxxing, what town are you in? Or PM me. I have a guy that works on equipment. He's awesome and very reasonable.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back