• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Verduzco

From what little I’ve known about him, I’ve respected this coach all along. And Scott knows QB play - certainly if he’s good enough for Scott, he’s good enough for me. I remembered Scott consulted Mario when Scott was coaching Mariota at Oregon.

Sounds like a very bright, somewhat eccentric, very hard working football coach, but one who would be a blast to play for.

This quote is music to my ears:

“We cannot be responsible for turnovers,” Verduzco said. “That’s going to be absolutely unacceptable. We can’t throw stupid interceptions or near-misses. And when we’re carrying the football, we have to have great ball security.”

Ok, so I like this one, too:

"The point I made to our guys in our first meeting: We have to be the hardest-working group on this football team," he said. "That’s really, really, really, really important.”

Last edited:
Looks like mad rounded glasses scientist.

Mario_Verduzco.jpg

Last edited:

What is funny is that we heard Riley and Langsdorf say every day how important it was to eliminate turnovers, yet they still started two TO prone QB’s in the nth degree in both TA and Tanner Lee. They were all talk, no action. Neither of those guys should have played with how lax they played with turnovers. Let’s hope Frost and QB Coach V don’t let that happen. If their starting QB is a turnover machine,,give the job to the backup for awhile so they know it is NOT going to be accepted.

What is funny is that we heard Riley and Langsdorf say every day how important it was to eliminate turnovers, yet they still started two TO prone QB’s in the nth degree in both TA and Tanner Lee. They were all talk, no action. Neither of those guys should have played with how lax they played with turnovers. Let’s hope Frost and QB Coach V don’t let that happen. If their starting QB is a turnover machine,,give the job to the backup for awhile so they know it is NOT going to be accepted.

No doubt - although it wasn't very funny to me :Banghead::Banghead:

Langs was "All hat, no cattle" as an offensive coordinator. He might have been OK as a QB coach with Eli Manning with the Giants, but not so much in college ball.

Nebraska, under Riley and Langsdorf, has devolved into "Turnover U." What an honor...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No doubt - although it wasn't very funny to me :Banghead::Banghead:

Langs was "All hat, no cattle" as an offensive coordinator. He might have been OK as a QB coach with Eli Manning with the Giants, but not so much in college ball.

Nebraska, under Riley and Langsdorf, has devolved into "Turnover U." What an honor...:rolleyes:

I think it was turnover prone long before those two got to town. The Martinez era, as much as I loved watching some of those guys run, produced A LOT of fumbles or near misses

I think it was turnover prone long before those two got to town. The Martinez era, as much as I loved watching some of those guys run, produced A LOT of fumbles or near misses

Thanks for reminding me :Facepalm: but you're right.

Last edited:

Except in regards to fumbles, they significantly dropped under Davis.

They sure did. Guess it was the INT's that killed us.

Year/Rushing Attempts/Fumbles/Lost Fumbles
2012/662/35/ 22
2013/584/32/16
2014/587/27/13
2015/496/11/6
2016/523/16/5
2017/368/12/2

Year Interceptions
2012 13
2013 13
2014 12
2015 21