1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Vedral

Discussion in 'Football' started by AzHusker, Apr 12, 2018.

1. AzHusker

AzHusker All Legend 10 Year Member

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Bolt/Noah-Vedral-is-ready-to-help-Nebraska-any-way-he-can-while-sitting-out-2018-117249449

Interesting perspective on learning the new offense as a QB from a kid who's done it.

Noah started at UCF in the summer, so it took him 29 practices, and several weeks into the season before he felt like he mastered the offense. So how likely is it that our new QB's will have the offense "mastered" after 14 practices? Not very...

2. Red October

Red October Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

By now its apparent its not Scott Frosts first rodeo......:Corn2:

3. MartyHuskerFan

MartyHuskerFan Recruit

I just have to ask this. Don't beat me up for it. What again is his transfer situation? Is there any chance that he might be able to get some sort of waiver before the season rolls around? It just seems like the transfer rules are so shaky. I think its one thing to enroll at another school and another to get a football scholarship, and yet another to actually get to play. Please explain where he is on all three of those things. Obviously he is enrolled and practicing, but how does that fit into the legality of it all? Thank You.

Sounds like its ok to walk-on and be part of the team, but not play in a game. How would the NCAA allow him to do all of that, but not play. Not complaining, just trying to apply logic and reasoning.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. AzHusker

The standard rule all along is that players can transfer between schools all they want, but they have to sit a year (like a redshirt year) after transferring (edited - thanks HuskerinDenver). They can practice all they want. I'm pretty sure they can transfer with no requirement to sit out a year to DII or lower without losing eligibility.

Then there are all sorts of variants - school under penalty, etc - but UCF was under no penalties.

Apparently the basic logic is to minimize transfers. Players commit to a school, not to coaches.

5. huskerndenver

huskerndenver Red Shirt 2 Year Member

He basically has to sit out his redshirt year. So at least he's not losing a year of eligibility to play.

AzHusker likes this.
  6. MartyHuskerFan

MartyHuskerFan Recruit

Since I have already stepped out with this question, allow me to add a twist....
    Would he be allowed to play if UCF waived their rights to him? Or would the NCAA have to also review and decide? My sneaky point is maybe UCF realizes that all their players did not line up to go to NU, maybe they have a change of heart and grant Vedral a pass, he's just a kid wanting play for his home team. Could that happen at all and could it happen before the season starts? Not saying he'd be the best QB option, just wondering if that is a possibility and whether that is in Frost's plans at all. Again, don't run me up the flag pole for having an imagination.

7. AzHusker

I do know that Noah and his family asked UCF to release him and his scholarship to transfer to Nebraska, and the UCF folks denied it. From their point of view - coach leaves after an undefeated season, the whole danged team will want to go with him.

8. AzHusker

9. NU_Alum

NU_Alum All Big 10 2 Year Member

I believe the release from UCF was only so that we could put him on scholarship, it had no bearing on his ability to play this year.

Under the rule (which we can debate if it's a good rule or not) no way he gets a waiver approved. Doesn't hurt to try, but if the NCAA granted his, that would really open the door for others.

huskerndenver and solesrfr like this.
  10. All 'N' 011808

All 'N' 011808 Former Walk-on 2 Year Member

11. AzHusker

So, you’re saying there’s a chance? :Mfclap: :Lol:

Rueschmike likes this.
  12. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

Sounds like he is hoping to get become eligible under the new rules which are being considered but not yet implemented.

AzHusker likes this.
  13. solesrfr

solesrfr Travel Squad 5 Year Member

Slim to none he gets a waiver. I would be very surprised if he does.

C

14. AzHusker

Me too but I like surprises.

15. ToroRed

ToroRed Recruit 2 Year Member

So does that schollie still count against UCF's total? If not, it should. Would make schools really think about denying the release just to be vindictive.

solesrfr likes this.