• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Russia

I think if we could get Rojo to conjure up some statistical Pro-Klinsmann magic, the cycle would be complete.

It's not very difficult to conjure up winning percentage of the team during the year of 2012..

Now, the spin that some use to try to minimize USA's winning percentage in 2012, indeed, is quite magical (or mythical).

By the way, Rojo is currently on at least one other Husker message board coming up with some great stats and facts to support Bo Pelini and the staff.

By the way, Rojo is currently on at least one other Husker message board coming up with some great stats and facts to support Bo Pelini and the staff.

tell rojo to come over to HM, I'll find a way to cover his membership if that is what it takes.

Last edited:

Winning percentage doesn't mean jack when you are not playing well against very poor teams.....but you already know that as you spin away....we will see real soon how much it matters when we play the best CONCACAF has to offer...hang on to your butt its going to be a rough ride.....Costa Rica, Honduras and Mexico are the real deal and Jamaica as we found out is no slouch.....

Tell you what.....if we do not front load points from those first four games we are going to be in a world hurt....and with three of those games on the road it could be real dicey....

FWIW I'm pulling for us to get through....but there are some serious questions that can't be ignored.....and there is no guarantee....and that bothers me to say that....

Spin goes both ways....you realize that....right?....:) You are doing a pretty good job yourself....:)

FWIW you might want to read these stories....yeah I know negative media....damn them for telling truth....:)

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...more-questions-than-answers-after-draw-111412

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../11/14/usa-russia-diskerud-bradley/index.htmlhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../11/14/usa-russia-diskerud-bradley/index.html

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/united-states-russia-what-we-learned/#

It's not very difficult to conjure up winning percentage of the team during the year of 2012..

Now, the spin that some use to try to minimize USA's winning percentage in 2012, indeed, is quite magical (or mythical).

Last edited:
Spent the first half complaining about Jones and team giveaways.

Spent the second half thinking Jones was actually doing pretty good going forward down the left side. He boffed a few passing chances; but, it was unexpected to see him down there and he actually provided some decent chances.

And, it didn't get any yellow cards and very few fouls.

Winning percentage doesn't mean jack when you are not playing well against very poor teams.....but you already know that as you spin away....we will see real soon how much it matters when we play the best CONCACAF has to offer...hang on to your butt its going to be a rough ride.....Costa Rica, Honduras and Mexico are the real deal and Jamaica as we found out is no slouch.....

Actually, you're wrong again. Winning "pretty" does not matter, the only thing that DOES matter is WINNING, but you already know that.

You spend the vast majority of your time looking for anything negative to complain about. As others have stated, there OBVIOUSLY is room for improvement. But, as others have also stated, there is much reason for optimism. Unfortunately, there will always be the type of fan that wants to minimize any accomplishment from a team because it fits their neverending agenda.As far as the media stories and many of them being negative towards the team, I already know about those. Remember? That's what I was commenting on when you jump headfirst into this. This always going to be negativity in the media, just follow some of the stories on Bo Pelini. Negativity sells, and you've bought into it with your entire savings!

We just finished 2012 with (tied for) THE BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE EVER! I'd more than understand if you'd list a few negative things, or a few concerns, and then get on with it. But when it comes to this Klinsmann-coached team, you REFUSE to note any of the positives (like his winning percentage), and choose to simply dwell and moan about any possible negative aspect of the team.

Go ahead, continue to do your best to minimize the accomplishment of the team.

Last edited:
Actually no I'm not wrong....but I've made my point...and we could tit for tat the next week....

I have better things to do.....time will tell....

Have a good evening....

Actually, you're wrong again. Winning "pretty" does not matter, the only thing that DOES matter is WINNING, but you already know that.

You spend the vast majority of your time looking for anything negative to complain about. As others have stated, there OBVIOUSLY is room for improvement. But, as others have also stated, there is much reason for optimism. Unfortunately, there will always be the type of fan that wants to minimize any accomplishment from a team because it fits their neverending agenda.As far as the media stories and many of them being negative towards the team, I already know about those. Remember? That's what I was commenting on when you jump headfirst into this. This always going to be negativity in the media, just follow some of the stories on Bo Pelini. Negativity sells, and you've bought into it with your entire savings!

We just finished 2012 with (tied for) THE BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE EVER! I'd more than understand if you'd list a few negative things, or a few concerns, and then get on with it. But when it comes to this Klinsmann-coached team, you REFUSE to note any of the positives (like his winning percentage), and choose to simply dwell and moan about any possible negative aspect of the team.

Go ahead, continue to do your best to minimize the accomplishment of the team.

So is this it until the CONCACAF final round starts in Feb.? I would hope there's another International date between now and then, but if not, it'll be a long wait for the match @Honduras.

So is this it until the CONCACAF final round starts in Feb.? I would hope there's another International date between now and then, but if not, it'll be a long wait for the match @Honduras.

I thought I heard about a January date; but, Red Reign probably has a better idea of that.

There are five Women's National Team friendlies from Nov 28 through Dec 15 to keep you entertained.

6 Feb vs Honduras in Honduras....this is the last match for the 'A' team until then....and then two matches in March....22 March vs Costa RIca at home and 26 March at Aztec with Mexico....

Bob Bradley always had the January camp and usually a friendly....Sweden seemed to be the foe allot....he brought in mostly domestic players and its how we foudn a few guys like Stu Holden....Klinsman has said he may not have the camp this year....still up in the air...

I thought I heard about a January date; but, Red Reign probably has a better idea of that.

There are five Women's National Team friendlies from Nov 28 through Dec 15 to keep you entertained.

It would be nice if they get one more friendly in before the final round starts. Don't know if I want any of Sweden though. They seemed to take it to England the other day. Any idea, RR, if England had mostly "B" guys out there?

Sweden's 'B' team is preety much dometic based players and our team was when Bradley had the camps in January....and its winter break for them and off season for MLS....thus a nonsanctioned FIFA game...We have doen quite well against their 'B' teams...

No because the English players will be involved in BPL and second divison league games....its not a FIFA sanctioned break...

It would be nice if they get one more friendly in before the final round starts. Don't know if I want any of Sweden though. They seemed to take it to England the other day. Any idea, RR, if England had mostly "B" guys out there?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back