• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Russia

The truth is the truth....like it or not....this is not a very good team right now...and folks are just saying it the way it is....people who actually know soccer and make a living from it....

If you want to drink the kool-aide and ignore what the issues are then so be it....thats your right....

If you want to call that an agenda than so be it...go ahead dispute it.....

Speaking of agenda's....there are those who can't admit that maybe Klinsman was a bad hire...sort of like those who wouldn't admit it about Callahan either....just sayin'....

As for for Bo he was and is a great hire.....Klinsman a bad hire and I'll stand behind that....just sayin' again...

Oh and if you don't like the 'negativity/truth' then don't read it....just watch the game and enjoy it the way you see it....

I absolutely love the non-stop negativity shown by some of the media experts.

Negativity followed by more negativity followed by a draw against one of the Top10 teams in the world (and on the road). It wasn't pretty, but in soccer against a Top10 team on the road, you don't need "pretty."

Just as some have a negative agenda against Bo Pelini, others have a negative agenda against Klinsmann.

Last edited:

*chuckle*

Not any different than the fans who only harp on the negatives after Nebraska's wins against Wisconsin, NW, UM, MSU and PSU. Those wins weren't "pretty" enough for some Nebraska fans, just some only complain after solid results with the soccer team.

Focus on the negative all you like, but we still just came out of a match with the #9 ranked team, on the road, with a draw. Not too shabby.

Anyone have USA's 2012 record on hand?

Last edited:
GIF of Bradley's goal...:)

iuc5er3cqh801.gif

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gallery/gimages/image/gif-michael-bradleys-amazing-volley-v-russia/

That looked a lot like his goal against Slovenia in the 2010 WC.

Keep ignoring the obvious....so be it....then again thats what folks did with Callahan too....right? You remember right?...:) I know you do....:)

This was not solid result...nor have many of the games we have played under Klinsman been that way which is why the media and fans are stating the obvious....

I'm focusing on facts...and perhaps you need to open your eyes too....

This game today was not to shabby? Did you even watch it? it was a poor performance that only by the grace God we had Braldey and and Howard or it would have been a route....

*chuckle*

Not any different than the fans who only harp on the negatives after Nebraska's wins against Wisconsin, NW, UM, MSU and PSU. Those wins weren't "pretty" enough for some Nebraska fans, just some only complain after solid results with the soccer team.

Focus on the negative all you like, but we still just came out of a match with the #9 ranked team, on the road, with a draw. Not too shabby.

Anyone have USA's 2012 record on hand?

Last edited:

Yeah I agree....he can strike those balls from outside about as good as anyone in the world...he is fun to watch as he orchestrates this team and then hits a screamer like this world class strike.....he and Howard were awesome today....

We need to build our team around him and move forward....at 25 he has quite a few years left for the national team and that is a real plus for us...:)

That looked a lot like his goal against Slovenia in the 2010 WC.

Keep ignoring the obvious....so be it....then again thats what folks did with Callahan too....right? You remember right...:) I know you do....:)

These results are nothing like the Callahan results. We beat Italy at Italy, beat Mexico at Mexico, tied Russia at Russia, and all you do is focus on the negative.

I will add that it is nice to see you back to commenting in the games. We both know you we're no where to be found after the Guatemala win. :)

We beat Italy and Mexico with half of their team not even playing in friendlies...the same Italy who went on to play in the Euro 2012 Final....with their whole team intact...and we drew with Russia with half of their team not playing.....Nice try though...:)

Italy would have killed us had they had their full team on and Mexico in Azteca....coming up in a World Cup Qualifier.....betcha we don't win that one....and I think you already know that....

Oh and we lost To Jamicia in Jamaica in a game that actually counted (FIRST TIME EVER)...go figure huh.....funny how you forgot that one....:)....and drew Guatamala in game that actually counted....you forgot that one too....:)....so yeah it is allot like Callahan....

Ha Ha...I'm always a round this forum...contribute more than my fair share....how about you?

Have a good day....:)

These results are nothing like the Callahan results. We beat Italy at Italy, beat Mexico at Mexico, tied Russia at Russia, and all you do is focus on the negative.

I will add that it is nice to see you back to commenting in the games. We both know you we're no where to be found after the Guatemala win. :)

Last edited:
nice result, still got much to work on. Bradley will be our captain for years to come, I agree RR.

We beat Italy and Mexico with half of their team not even playing in friendlies...the same Italy who went on to play in the Euro 2012 Final....with their whole team intact...and we drew with Russia with half of their team not playing.....Nice try though...:)

You sound just like that fans who dwell on us beating Michigan without Denard or OSU last year without Miller. You sound like the fans who will dwell on OSU being ineligible if we win the B1G. There is always going to be something negative to dwell on for you

I will repeat, you were no where to be found after the 3-1 win over Guatemala.

Yeah he is a great player who we need to build our team around....and gives me hope for this team...

Yup lots of work to do as the World Cup Hex qualifier's are coming up and we need to get much better as it will be a dog fight....we should get through...but no guarantee...

nice result, still got much to work on. Bradley will be our captain for years to come, I agree RR.

If you think this coach is the right guy then so be it....I'm not going to change your mind until its to late...sort of like Calllahan...but you lready know that.. ;).:)

And just so everyone reading this understands I started the Guat thread so you guys would have a thread to post in....you will note I did not post in that thread once the game started that night....as I left to visit my mom in the hospital....which was a planned visit with my family....it was a very trying time for my us...soccer was the least of my worries....

Sort of like watching the Wisconsin game with my dad in the hospital. at the Marine Base...which was fun even though it was in the hospital....:)

And here is the thread so folks can see I never posted in the actual game porition of the thread: http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?39230-USMNT-vs-Guatamala-World-Cup-Qualifier

Liek I said have a nice day...:)

You sound just like that fans who dwell on us beating Michigan without Denard or OSU last year without Miller. You sound like the fans who will dwell on OSU being ineligible if we win the B1G. There is always going to be something negative to dwell on for you

I will repeat, you were no where to be found after the 3-1 win over Guatemala.

Last edited:

I was at the Guatemala game in KC so I couldn't post... Had a blast! Even had my picture taken with Alexi Lalas the night before at Johnny's Tavern! Good times...good times! If you're not a member of the American Outaws, you need to join!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back