• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Ecuador Copa America Game 3 (6/16/16)

Anyone else enjoy last night's Mexico beat down by Chile? That was rough. However, the Mexican fans really showed their true colors by still doing their goal kick chant when down by 4+ goals.

Is there any doubt now that Mexico's group was weak? In fact, based on the results, it was THE weakest group. And it's clear that the USA, as expected, was in a strong group.

The Final 4 has two teams from Group A (USA's group) and two teams from Group D

Last edited:
Anyone else enjoy last night's Mexico beat down by Chile? That was rough. However, the Mexican fans really showed their true colors by still doing their goal kick chant when down by 4+ goals.

Not to mention the Mexican fans throwing items into the field.

7-0 was great.

Clearly CONCACAF could learn something from UEFA re: fans throwing stuff. But yes, the schadenfreude flows freely.

Mexico mailed it in. Totally unprepared and not motivated at all. That is what gets coaches fired even if he 10-1-2 since taking over. Pathetic performance. Just a stinker.

Makes you wonder how the USA lost to them in the Confed. Cup playoff late last year?

Interestingly enough both Chile and Mexico will represent their confederations next year in Russia for the Confederations Cup. So a chance for redemption for Mexico.

Lot of pressure on the USA after a performance like that from Mexico in order to not make CONCACAF look worst than its does already (7-11-2). With the way we have played thus far I do not expect us to mail it in and lay down like the Mexican's did.

Ironic though they are in the Confederations Cup isn't it?

I stopped watching after with about 20mins remaining, so I missed that. Not terribly surprising though. Unfortunately nothing will be done about it from CONCACAF.

Last edited:
With the way CONCACAF has been overhauled with the last two presidents having been indicted for bribery etc. maybe they will do something. I am not holding my breath though.

Yup UEFA acted decisively when Russia did what they did to England in the stadium. Oh nd go figure they get the World Cup in two years. They also deported 20 Russians fans including the president of an ultra far right supporters group. Who has been known to do such things.

Clearly CONCACAF could learn something from UEFA re: fans throwing stuff. But yes, the schadenfreude flows freely.

Yup....I think that beat-down if nothing else should keep us motivated....Argentina has scored 14 goals and given up only 2 in 4 games.

Going to be a real tough road to hoe so we have to be on top of our game and cannot afford to make few if any mistakes as they will punish us.

Hopefully it turns out to be a slug-fest we are in all the way and we shock the world and pull off a monumental upset....like we did against Spain in the 2009 Confederations Cup Semi-Final. I will never forget that game and still have it on a DVD. That and the 2002 win over Portugal in the World Cup to dare are our finest performances. A win in this game would rank right up with those.

Lets go do it. :)

Ives Galarcep ‏<s>@</s>SoccerByIves <small class="time"></small><s>#</s>USMNT fans fully enjoying Mexico's loss, but can't get too crazy w/Messi & Argentina looming Tuesday. Crying Jordan could be a USA fan then
<small class="time"></small>

I like our play leading up to this game much better than the play leading up to the 2009 match with Spain in the Confed Cup. In the 2009 tournament, we advanced from the group after going 1-2-0 and giving up 6 goals. We were able to turn it around for an amazing effort and defeat a great Spain team.

I think we've played much better this tournament, but Argentina is on fire right now. Messi is warming up and it looks like we will be missing 3 starters. To say this is a tough match would be an understatement.

I'm still hoping for the best, though!

I like our play leading up to this game much better than the play leading up to the 2009 match with Spain in the Confed Cup. In the 2009 tournament, we advanced from the group after going 1-2-0 and giving up 6 goals. We were able to turn it around for an amazing effort and defeat a great Spain team.

I think we've played much better this tournament, but Argentina is on fire right now. Messi is warming up and it looks like we will be missing 3 starters. To say this is a tough match would be an understatement.

I'm still hoping for the best, though!

I'll one up you! This is probably the best we've looked for some time. Better than the World Cup showing, despite incorrect beliefs that was a group of death. Individually, we have players who can keep up, and play with, some of the world's best. Can we beat teams that are chalk full of the world's best. Of course not. But this has come together well.

The question to ask is: did this happen because of JK or would have this happened earlier? Impossible to answer. It's probably a combination of having players coming together in their prime and finding the right combination. The latter, like it or not, is something that JK found to his credit. I still don't think he's a special coach, but I'll give credit where it's due. But his job isn't finished. US soccer needs to build off this. We have better youth talent than we've ever had before.

Very good post....agree 100%

I'll one up you! This is probably the best we've looked for some time. Better than the World Cup showing, despite incorrect beliefs that was a group of death. Individually, we have players who can keep up, and play with, some of the world's best. Can we beat teams that are chalk full of the world's best. Of course not. But this has come together well.

The question to ask is: did this happen because of JK or would have this happened earlier? Impossible to answer. It's probably a combination of having players coming together in their prime and finding the right combination. The latter, like it or not, is something that JK found to his credit. I still don't think he's a special coach, but I'll give credit where it's due. But his job isn't finished. US soccer needs to build off this. We have better youth talent than we've ever had before.

Last edited:
As was expected....losing Wood is huge....Nagibe gets his chance to step up and prove himself I suspect....Beckerman can fill in for Jones just fine....

U.S. Soccer ‏<s>@</s>ussoccer <small class="time"></small>The protest against the cards issued to Jermaine Jones & Bobby Wood has been dismissed. Neither eligible for <s>#</s>USAvARG
<small class="time"></small>

Last edited:

Jeff Carlisle ‏<s>@</s>JeffreyCarlisle Here are sections 6-10 of Article XI. I suspect Section 6 is why appeals were denied.

ClXO9FjUkAEg8MD.jpg

No less than Klinsman himself has said how much faith he has in Beckerman. Said that again recently. Not to mention has used him as a sub twice in this competition. Dude gets little to no respect and people laughed about him having no chance of making the World Cup Team both on this board and around the web.. Not only did he made it be also started and was one of the USA stars.

Fantastic distributor of the ball, great leader, great vision and a destroyer on defense. The only true #6 on the team. I have no doubt he will step up in a very tough game and situation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back