• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA TODAY on A. Martinez

Funny to say, but Martinez winning the Heisman next year might depend more on our defense than on AM.

IDC what kind of stats he's putting up, if we're not in Indy, he's not getting invited to New York. If we win the division but don't win the Big 10, he may get invited, but he wont win.
Yup, the Heisman isn't for the best player anymore...a good player on a great team.

Obviously we need excellent QB play to reach the CCG next season. I honestly could not care less about the Heisman except to say if AM is in the running we're having a very good season imo.

Nebraska needs to at least reach the CCG next season if the program is truly going to step up. It's not going to be easy but I believe we have most of what's needed to win our division. I also believe AM will be the BEST over all QB in the BIG next season.....
Winning the division next year would be nice, but not essential to becoming a long term contender. I'll be happy just to be in the hunt next year and at least 10 wins in 2020.

Winning the division next year would be nice, but not essential to becoming a long term contender. I'll be happy just to be in the hunt next year and at least 10 wins in 2020.
I believe with HCSF Nebraska will be a in the hunt most seasons for division titles imo. Look how close we were this season... lost in OT to NW and lost to IA as time expired. That happened with our FIRST YEAR HC and all the changes and injuries to some key players. We have NW, OSU, WI and IA all at home next season! I don't believe IN, Purdue or IL is going to beat us next season? Maryland with a new HC will be interesting.....

Bottom line the 2019 schedule is very favorable and with a few other improvements don't see anyone in our division that's any better then the Huskers.........

Last edited:
I believe with HCSF Nebraska will be a in the hunt most seasons for division titles imo. Look how close we were this season... lost in OT to NW and lost to IA as time expired. That happened with our FIRST YEAR HC and all the changes and injuries to some key players. We have NW, OSU, WI and IA all at home next season! I don't believe IN, Purdue or IL is going to beat us next season? Maryland with a new HC will be interesting.....

Bottom line the 2019 schedule is very favorable and with a few other improvements don't see anyone in our division that's any better then the Huskers.........
IMO, our defense isn't yet what it needs to be to declare NU a clear leader in the division, as you seem to imply. We're 4-4 against Northwestern and 4-3 against Purdue (the last loss a 14 point whooping at home) since joining the B1G so I'm not going to keep underestimating those teams. In other words, I think the schedule is only slightly easier than this year.

IMO, our defense isn't yet what it needs to be to declare NU a clear leader in the division, as you seem to imply. We're 4-4 against Northwestern and 4-3 against Purdue (the last loss a 14 point whooping at home) since joining the B1G so I'm not going to keep underestimating those teams. In other words, I think the schedule is only slightly easier than this year.
I believe the schedule is MUCH easier then last season so we'll just disagree on that point. Far as I'm concerned we're 0-1 against NW (decided by OT) with this coaching staff. The difference between MR and SF is light years imo. We'll just have to see how it plays out next season...

I'm saying here and now we're going to win our division assuming AM stays healthy....

Last edited:
Other than selling papers and generating clicks.

Since 'clicks' generate more revenue than selling papers, I think you're 100% accurate.

Come up with the biggest steaming pile of elephant guano and wait for the clicks to roll in.

I don't know about 2019 but Closing Time will be a 3000/1000 QB before he leaves NU. That has to be enough for a meaningless popularity trophy, err....Heisman.

C

Déjà vu. Taylor Martinez was a Heisman trophy candidate after freshman year.

Of course the same last name and California roots.

Difference being one was an athlete who could throw at a 59% rate while the other is a dual threat QB throwing at a 65% rate. :thumbsup:

C

I don't know about 2019 but Closing Time will be a 3000/1000 QB before he leaves NU. That has to be enough for a meaningless popularity trophy, err....Heisman.

C
Martinez hits 3000 and 1000 we very well could be 13 - 0. We saw glimpses and flashes of the ability, now we just need the roll players to step up and accentuate the stars. An undefeated season sounds very nice indeed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back