• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban Meyer in the clear??

570741-mrburns.gif

I did not have to read very far to see problems with this article.
1. Author is an OSU fan boy.
2. They claim that she was planning this plot since 2013. if true there are verifiable reports of abuse in 2009. This predates the 2013 "Plan"
3. There has been a text published that Smith admitted to choking her.
4. The hearsay quote attributed to her.As you can see below was at best something said in anger. Although it will surely be used in a trial. Is not proof of a plot. Married people in an argument. Especially one about infidelity say stuff like that all the time.
“When she found out five years ago that Zach had cheated on her, she was so angry that she vowed to me she would get back at him someday. And she said she would take Urban down, too,” she said. “And this is exactly what she did. She wanted to do as much damage as possible.
5. Those around abuse victims. Even family members often do not know or want to believe that their loved ones have been abused. The abusers often isolate them right after the abuse occurs in order to hide it. Additionally the abused often hide out until the bruises fade because they are embarrassed.
6. To me the texts are still the most damning evidence.

I did not have to read very far to see problems with this article.
1. Author is an OSU fan boy.
2. They claim that she was planning this plot since 2013. if true there are verifiable reports of abuse in 2009. This predates the 2013 "Plan"
3. There has been a text published that Smith admitted to choking her.
4. The hearsay quote attributed to her.As you can see below was at best something said in anger. Although it will surely be used in a trial. Is not proof of a plot. Married people in an argument. Especially one about infidelity say stuff like that all the time.

5. Those around abuse victims. Even family members often do not know or want to believe that their loved ones have been abused. The abusers often isolate them right after the abuse occurs in order to hide it. Additionally the abused often hide out until the bruises fade because they are embarrassed.
6. To me the texts are still the most damning evidence.
Its Yahoo,,,,they are among the worst.....

I firmly believe that UM will be cleared of any major wrong doing and get a slap on the wrist couple of games suspension of non conference games and all will be forgiven.

Several people I have talked to don't really believe it was UM job to be taking control of the situation, which I get, but for me it is still about the lying. He stood up on a podium in a hotel in downtown Chicago and flat out lied and said he knew nothing about it. He didn't need to lie, but he felt the lie was a better coarse of action. He thought lying was better for his situation. To me it shows a big character flaw and just verifies what I have always felt about Urban Meyer. He is a win it all cost coach that is willing to look the other way if it will help him pad his win total.

Several people I have talked to don't really believe it was UM job to be taking control of the situation
But it's directly addressed in his contract. It is part of his job.

I firmly believe that UM will be cleared of any major wrong doing and get a slap on the wrist couple of games suspension of non conference games and all will be forgiven.

Several people I have talked to don't really believe it was UM job to be taking control of the situation, which I get, but for me it is still about the lying. He stood up on a podium in a hotel in downtown Chicago and flat out lied and said he knew nothing about it. He didn't need to lie, but he felt the lie was a better coarse of action. He thought lying was better for his situation. To me it shows a big character flaw and just verifies what I have always felt about Urban Meyer. He is a win it all cost coach that is willing to look the other way if it will help him pad his win total.

The problem for him is that reporting such incidents is in his contract and the Title 9 policy of the university. He is an employee of the university, therefore, must follow policy. You have to prove he knew though, which may be hard to do. Following your gut by connecting the dots doesn't count as proof.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back