• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update: Calvin to pick between Nebraska and Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are whispers that Calvin will also stay on the West Coast now. Crystal ball from Tom Loy to Oregon State. This would be a gut punch for us today.

So rumbling out there that Calvin may be staying out West and heading to Oregon State. Tom Loy with a CB pick for the Beavers this morning.

There are whispers that Calvin will also stay on the West Coast now. Crystal ball from Tom Loy to Oregon State. This would be a gut punch for us today.

Saw that as well.. sorry but that would be borderline inexcusable for this staff.

Saw that as well.. sorry but that would be borderline inexcusable for this staff.

Not on the staff! Sounding like potentially another west coast kid wanting the stay home. Our coaches have done everything possible with some of these prospects.

Not on the staff! Sounding like potentially another west coast kid wanting the stay home. Our coaches have done everything possible with some of these prospects.
So this goes back to what I was talking about with it great to have recruiters with ties everywhere outside our radius, but it would be nice to get a guy with ties to the 250/500 so we don't end up in situations like this. If location truly is one of the biggest factors, may be a decent idea to have a guy that has connections close to Nebraska.

So this goes back to what I was talking about with it great to have recruiters with ties everywhere outside our radius, but it would be nice to get a guy with ties to the 250/500 so we don't end up in situations like this. If location truly is one of the biggest factors, may be a decent idea to have a guy that has connections close to Nebraska.

We've talked about this on this board for years the challenge of getting these West Coast kids to leave home especially when they legitimate local options. We'll have to see how this cycle ends, but not liking some of this mornings rumors.

Last edited:
We've talked about this on this board for years the challenge of getting these West Coast kids to leave home especially when they legitimate local options. We'll have to see how this cycle ends, but not like some of this mornings rumors.
Ya that's actually a surprise to me. I also again will point out the trolling capabilities with social media now-a-days.

But I think it's why you get a few guys with 500 mile radius ties. Guy in Missouri, guy for Chicago or Colorado, and then maybe even a JUCO connections guy since such good football is played in the Jayhawk league. Bray, Cav, Banker, Williams, Langsdorf, that's five guys that have great connections out west because... wait for it... they were recruiting to schools on the left coast.

I'm sorry, but this is kind of a big blow if he chooses Oregon State. You spent months recruiting this kid and everyone expected him to commit early. For him to choose a loosey goosey run heavy spread team over a pro style offense is just a slap in the face.

Yep. Not looking good here... Buckle up, appears today is quickly turning into a nightmare scenario for NU.

We should be used to it by now, but oddly, I was excited about Calvin. It appears we back to Rollin' with 0wen and chillin' with 0'fer the gopher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back