• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

University of Nebraska rated one of the best colleges in America.

Husker1995

In The Deed The Glory
15 Year Member
LINCOLN, Neb. -- The University of Nebraska has been rated as one of the 15 best and most beautiful colleges in America by Expedia.

The universities were graded on five categories: scenery, beyond the books, school spirit, community outreach and local vibes. Nebraska scored 5 stars in two categories, 4 stars in two, and 3 stars in one.

Below is what Expedia wrote about Nebraska:
“'Fight on, Huskers, hear Nebraska call!' At the University of Nebraska, school pride is what makes the school so attractive. It’s practically a religion, as students worship the D1 football team, which has racked up five national titles. There’s more to it than the ol’ pigskin though, as students have over 500 clubs and organizations and 22 varsity teams to join, support, or cheer on from the bleachers. Everyone finds a place to belong on this campus, and there is certainly beauty to be found in that.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news...f-the-best-colleges-in-America-451154193.html

Last edited:

University of Nebraska

Nebraska.jpg

“Fight on, Huskers, hear Nebraska call!” At the University of Nebraska, school pride is what makes the school so attractive. It’s practically a religion, as students worship the D1 football team, which has racked up five national titles.

There’s more to it than the ol’ pigskin though, as students have over 500 clubs and organizations and 22 varsity teams to join, support, or cheer on from the bleachers. Everyone finds a place to belong on this campus, and there is certainly beauty to be found in that.

That strong school spirit has long reigned at the university, as the Lincoln campus is the state’s oldest university—look for the former University Library (now part of Architecture Hall), which was built in 1892, and admire the classic brick buildings. When students are wanting to take their red and white beyond school grounds in Lincoln, they venture to the shops and restaurants in the Haymarket District and the Railyard on Canopy Street.

https://viewfinder.expedia.com/features/15-of-the-most-beautiful-college-campuses/

Last edited:

Expedia started in 1996. Apparently they've had this unpublished article in their vaults for some time. Good timing to get the word out there!

Go big Red.

Funny story: my son is a Texas high school senior considering his college choices. He's always loved Nebraska but it's a 10 hour drive.

He's been accepted to Oklahoma Stare with a substantial scholarship but could likely get the same at NU.

We were watching the Wisconsin pregame on TV, and he said "dad maybe I'd like to go to Nebraska." Midway through the 4th quarter, he said "I'll probably just stick with OSU." :Lol:

Funny how kids think. I guess that's why colleges spend so much on their football programs.:heisman:

That's pretty cool PR.

Definitely not in academics, as I was wondering when I saw the threat title. But yes, when it comes to categories like school spirit, Nebraska does just fine.

Campus only ..... overall, OU is slightly better than UNL (IMO). Nebraska engineering building was basically warehouse type.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back