• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UM v NU roughly 9:15 start

I tend to be a gloom and doomer, but I'm not too upset about this. we hit Iowa well just didn't get a timely hit. Maryland was a fluke with both Meyers and Frazier going out so soon. I won't predict we win a regional but I think we show well.

However, that seems to be a consistent issue. Unfortunately, I can't find the team BA with runners in scoring position, but it has been poor for several years. In fact, Erstad even talked about trying to address it last off-season. Its been almost comical at times the talent that they have displayed for NOT scoring when there is a runner at third or bases loaded and no outs. I think we (the team) are past the point of explaining it away as "that's just baseball" and really need to examine the plate approach.

However, that seems to be a consistent issue. Unfortunately, I can't find the team BA with runners in scoring position, but it has been poor for several years. In fact, Erstad even talked about trying to address it last off-season. Its been almost comical at times the talent that they have displayed for NOT scoring when there is a runner at third or bases loaded and no outs. I think we (the team) are past the point of explaining it away as "that's just baseball" and really need to examine the plate approach.
True. lately it seems like having the bases loaded is just a curse for NU.

It was a couple tough losses :Bananalazy: for the HUSKERS in the tournament but now it's on to winning the regional and moving on up. :Banana:

No matter what though, the HUSKERS won the conference title and that is awesome. :Hooray:

I just feel bad for the guys.... the bats seemed to come alive late, Silva was more proactive vs reactive, the guys appeared hungry. Iowa is a curse. Will be interesting to see if Darin can get them settled in for a decent post season run. GBR

Could not have been said (explained) any better. :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back