• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Got free tix to go see Paul Simon. I am not really a fan, but he is a legend, and the tix are free. That song, "Call me Al" grates on my nerves like nails on a chalk board, but I dug a handful of tunes he did with Garfunkel. Anyone on here seen Simon live before, and was it a good show? I plan to stay for at least half of the show, unless I really like it, and then I'll catch the whole show. Anybody have any input on this?

I saw him about 20 years ago and really enjoyed it. Many, many familiar songs and he played for something like 2 1/2 hours with no opening act. Not flashy; just solid song performance.

I haven't seen him on any TV performances live recently, so not sure how he'd be now.

So many bands, I oftentimes forget some of the better bands I've seen while living in Austin.

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. They've been around for most of 9 years. Tons of good tunes. Great band live. I enjoyed them so much live, I bought their t-shirt.

Thrice released To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere on May 27, 2016. This track "The Window" really exemplifies their change up in beats and the raspy throat of Dustin although both Hurricane and Black Honey enjoyed more commercial success.

Update: Went to the TajMo show last night. Taj Mahal and Keb' Mo' put on a completely fantastic show. Taj is 75 years old, and while he sat for almost the entire 2+ hours of the show, man, did he ever rip on his harp, his guitar, his resonator and his mandolin and banjo. His voice sounds as good now, as it ever has. He had his two daughters as back up singers(sorry I can't remember their names) and the one lady has a sweet voice, and I wont be surprised to see her fronting her own band. If the TajMo show comes anywhere near you, and you like good, bluesy vocals and all around awesome music, go see this show. FANTASTIC SHOW!

Now, we are about to go see Paul Simon, I'll give critique later tonight, if for nothing else, to be talking to myself on the computer..... ;)

Okay, so an update on tonight's show. One word really describes it in detail. Boring. At one point, he even stopped playing to chide the crowd for both, dancing and cheering loudly. Didn't stay for the end as I recognized one song, and I've never really liked that song. I am just glad that I didn't actually pay for this as it was one of the most boring shows I've been to in quite some years.

I'm not certain, but this may be the first Zeppelin tune played in this thread. Either way, this one kicks ass.

This is so good, it deserves that "extra" for no extra money....

Last edited:

This is in the Lennon Box Set oh and the GREAT Tony Levin on bass....

Much better version than was released on the album

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back