• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Foxygen.

I've seen these cats twice. Lead vocalist, Sam France, is a young Morrissey -- in that, you never know what you're gonna get on any given live performance. He has a history of being so totally wigged-out, he injures himself and is done. But when he holds it together (and I believe he's doing so increasingly), he's an outstandingly entertaining performer.

First time I saw 'em ... flop. Second time, one of the best shows I've ever seen. "Theatrical" is how they describe their music. Listen to enough of their catalog, and it's quite fitting. They've released a new album within the past few months that is quite good. This tune is older.

Last edited:

I'm somewhat ashamed (but not really) that I'm a big fan of stoner/sludge metal. The lyrics are always complete crap but I'm a sucker for the low-tuned (I think these guys tune all the way down to C), drone-y, slow riffs. This is my gold standard stoner rock song (excluding the grandfathers; Lord of This World and Into the Void).

Last edited:
Foxygen.

I've seen these cats twice. Lead vocalist, Sam France, is a young Morrissey -- in that, you never know what you're gonna get on any given live performance. He has a history of being so totally wigged-out, he injures himself and is done. But when he holds it together (and I believe he's doing so increasingly), he's an outstandingly entertaining performer.

First time I saw 'em ... flop. Second time, one of the best shows I've ever seen. "Theatrical" is how they describe their music. Listen to enough of their catalog, and it's quite fitting. They've released a new album within the past few months that is quite good. This tune is older.

Do they have a Texas connection? I have a buddy in Dallas who has been hyping them to me for quite a while.

Do they have a Texas connection? I have a buddy in Dallas who has been hyping them to me for quite a while.

I believe they are an L.A. band. Not aware of any Texas connections, though they do perform in Austin semi-frequently. They were just here again last week, though I couldn't go. Actually, I was pissed I couldn't, as there are very few bands that are as entertaining live as Foxygen. It's well beyond a musical experience. I believe it was a 10-piece ensemble, when I last saw them in 2015. (Foxygen is a great band name.)

Here's an interview they did on NPR a couple months ago. I caught a bit in the car, but haven't listened to it all.

Last edited:

I'm somewhat ashamed (but not really) that I'm a big fan of stoner/sludge metal. The lyrics are always complete crap but I'm a sucker for the low-tuned (I think these guys tune all the way down to C), drone-y, slow riffs. This is my gold standard stoner rock song (excluding the grandfathers; Lord of This World and Into the Void).

I definitely can find the mood for cranking the hell out of tunes like this.

Some good stuff there :Rockon:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back