• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

For Your Pleasure is one of those albums I can listen to, front to back, time and time again.

Not a big fan of this(drummer was killing it though, or should I say kicking it), however, it's truly a given that back before the internet was www and Youtube ruled, it seemed like whatever albums you liked, they were albums you listened to front to back. No "fillers" just to get to close to 40 minutes of music on a disc. I have literally hundreds of albums that I can listen too all the way through, and I'm not sure that I have many that are past the late 80's or very early 90's.

One thing that I liked with cassette tapes was(as I was just originally used to listening to an albums side one and then turning the album over to side two), was that if you listened to all of side one, and turned it off at that point, and then, whether a day or two later you turned your tape deck on(either in your car or your bedroom) and listened to side two first, depending on the mood you were in, it was like hiking a loop trail the other direction, it's the same album, same hike, but the mood just seemed to have this different vibe. Very cool.

Last edited:

I don’t generally share Christian music but this one is kind of special. Carlos Whitaker was a guest pastor at our church last week and he was telling us a story about a music video he shot in Atlanta a number of years ago when a homeless man wandered in and joined him.

Just recently got back from watching the North Mississippi Allstars, and while I've seen people play on a washboard before, I'd never seen an "Electric Washboard" that was flat out awesome. They Started their show with Electric Worry from one of my faves, Clutch, and just got better from there. The drummer, who plays the electric washboard, at one point in the show, was playing a keyboard with his right hand, drumming with his foot and his left hand, and singing, all at the same time, that was off the hook.....

Had Pete not suffered one of the most spectacular public mental and drug-induced breakdowns in recent memory, I think these guys would've been huge. The first two albums were pretty cool (Up the Bracket, especially).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back