• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Just getting back in from Roy Rogers, and Marcia Ball with Elvin Bishop. Roy and his 3 piece band tonight kicked it big time. They finished the show with all 3 on stage(Roy, Marcia, and Elvin). Great show, and he played this guitar on a Robert Johnson song. Awesome!!!!

Last edited:

Arguably one of the TOP 5 BEST guitarists in all of modern RNR.
Saw SRV live in Miami Arena with Jeff Beck, another top guitarist, and the show is still to this day, one of the best shows I've ever attended. And I am talking some 2,500 to 3,000 shows in just about every type of venue you can think of.

I think I've told this story here before. A college roommate suggested that we go to the final SRV concert in Apple Valley. We were fresh out of college and short on cash; so, figured we catch a future show.... :(

Saw these guys a couple of years ago at the Hard Rock and it's where I first heard about Brad G filling in that very tough spot after Randy Rhoads died. They played this and another tune, and I closed my eyes I could almost see Randy playing, it was special, and quite musically spiritual. I will be going to see them again on the 27th and am completely looking forward to the show, as these guys flat out ROCK live.

QR III was a very underrated album imho. I really liked all 3 of the albums and liked them each for different reasons. I know Quiet Riot had more than 3 albums, and even Randy Rhoads played with them for a bit, but anywho.....

Jerry was sick at this show so voice was off but his guitar playing along with pedal work is some of the best you'll hear

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back