• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

No cringing, but, I am going to see Dave Matthews Band tonight. Caught them live 2 years ago, and they just flat out tore it up that night. Never have owned any of their stuff, and most likely wont, but they are a great live band, hoping to hear this tune tonight. Also, I don't know if they have any "special guests" tonight or not, probably not, but, it should be a kick-ass show.

I will be going to see the Swedish sisters, First Aid Kit, perform Tuesday evening. They cite Bright Eyes as their biggest musical influence. I saw First Aid Kit at ACL Fest a year or two ago -- amazing harmonies. Excited to see them again at Austin's Moody Theater.

Last edited:

Met these guys last fail and hung out with them a couple hours before their show. Incredibly nice and humble folks....From their new EP

Last edited:
I will be going to see the Swedish sisters, First Aid Kit, perform Tuesday evening. They cite Bright Eyes as their biggest musical influence. I saw First Aid Kit at ACL Fest a year or two ago -- amazing harmonies. Excited to see them again at Austin's Moody Theater.

My son turned me onto this band a few years ago, and I have to admit, they are amazing. So different, but yes, they are killer, live. :thumbsup:

I may have, and probably have posted this, or other songs from this album on here, but, this is one of Pink Floyd's most underrated albums. The first two songs, need to be listened to as one, and properly loud volume is essential to the full effects of the affects.... so, I posted them separately here....lol....

Last edited:
I may have, and probably have posted this, or other songs from this album on here, but, this is one of Pink Floyd's most underrated albums. The first two songs, need to be listened to as one, and properly loud volume is essential to the full effects of the affects.... so, I posted them separately here....lol....

Only because I know you're a stickler for spelling and grammar, signal manipulation in the studio is, perhaps counterintuitively, "effects" rather than "affects."

I thought I had posted a Mobley video previously, but a search came up empty.

I saw him a second time last week. He's a local, Austin musician. I can't say for certain that I've ever seen a more all-around talented performer in person. Outstanding voice ... has multiple guitars, drum sets, keyboards, piano, other unknown electronics ... synced light shows ... everything is on his own. He is literally everywhere on stage playing everything in sight. And he plays the crowd incredibly well. He hooks up sensors to audience members, where he can play them like electronic drums ... or just gives audience members drumsticks and has them play in unison on one large drum to keep a beat. I was told he has an engineering degree, which probably explains a lot going on during the show. I could go on and on. He's one of those rare finds where you are in a small venue seeing someone perform and ask yourself, "how in the hell has this guy (or girl or band) not been discovered?"

The second video is his "hit," relatively speaking. The first was maybe my favorite live.

Last edited:
I know I will catch some flak with this. I have fond memories of my parents listening to Dean and the Mills Brothers on vynal while getting ready to going out to the Elks Club for the evening, which was a bottle club at the time. I can still smell my dad's cologne. Must have put it on too heavy....

I know I will catch some flak with this. I have fond memories of my parents listening to Dean and the Mills Brothers on vynal while getting ready to going out to the Elks Club for the evening, which was a bottle club at the time. I can still smell my dad's cologne. Must have put it on too heavy....

HELL NO on the flak.... Dino was AWESOME!!!

Took me a few years, but yeah, that is awesome stuff....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back