• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Walked into a store the other day and this was playing, took me right back to the 70s and I've had a difficult time getting it out of my head. So you all can share in my pain or joy, whichever.

That happens sometimes to me as well.

Most recently, however, I'm afraid to admit it was disco. Only because I spent about 90 minutes in a Seattle restaurant that was cranking disco tunes the entire time.

Walked into a store the other day and this was playing, took me right back to the 70s and I've had a difficult time getting it out of my head. So you all can share in my pain or joy, whichever.

Loved the spinners still do

Long time fan of these guys....live acoustic version of the song from the new album

Last edited:

Saw this man twice live. What I'd give to see him one more time

Saw this man twice live. What I'd give to see him one more time

Live Purple Rain solos always rip. He was definitely a talented musician but, more than anything, he proved that being a "rock god" was 90% attitude and every time he stepped on stage he brought the "I'm going to melt your face" attitude.

The new album from The Black Angels comes out tomorrow -- April 21st. Though I've already heard three tunes. I'll post this one ... though I also really like their new tune, "Currency." Definitely my favorite Austin band. They put on one helluva live show too.

This whole album is probably in the holy trinity of "hipster" albums. While every horn-rimmed, mustache wax using douche went through a Neutral Milk phase, it doesn't mean it's not a fantastic record.

I saw Neutral Milk 2-3 years ago. I can confirm -- hipster gathering. But yes, good tunes.

Summer of '83 ... summer between 8th and 9th grade for me. Had a school trip (Irving Jr High) to D.C. Four to a bedroom. It was my first exposure to what later became known as Industrial ... or Goth ... at the time, though ... it was simply New Wave. A buddy of mine brought his Walkman -- with the speakers you could plug into the headphone jack. We all listened to March Violets, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Cabaret Voltaire ...

I'll post this one from March Violets ... which I may have shared in another music thread here long ago ... it's not my favorite March Violets tune ... but I know it was the first I heard ... and it seems fitting for the holiday weekend.

I started playing this before I read your text and got a total Sisters of Mercy vibe from it. Then I see you covered that. Very cool!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back