• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Two Keys to Success

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Two things I'll be looking for in the first few games that I believe will determine the success of the season. First...a pass rush, one that is relentless and comes from all directions. The pass rush sets up turnovers with sacks that end drives it makes offenses constantly adjust and breaks their spirit. Second...a running game with a back defenses respect and scheme against. Running games break defenses they eat clock and control games.
It's been two years since the Huskers had a back defenses feared. It's been a very long time since Nebraska had a relentless pass rush. If those two things can develop this season it's going to be fun.
What two things are you looking for?

Two things I'll be looking for in the first few games that I believe will determine the success of the season. First...a pass rush, one that is relentless and comes from all directions. The pass rush sets up turnovers with sacks that end drives it makes offenses constantly adjust and breaks their spirit. Second...a running game with a back defenses respect and scheme against. Running games break defenses they eat clock and control games.
It's been two years since the Huskers had a back defenses feared. It's been a very long time since Nebraska had a relentless pass rush. If those two things can develop this season it's going to be fun.
What two things are you looking for?
Nice

I'll agree on the pass rush, and chime in with pass pro.

Didn't Dave humm complete 16 passes in a row vs ku? Gonna need pass pro for lee to break that record

Check down to the open receiver.... I've heard it said before but not for a Husker QB, it will be fun to see that it really can happen. Oh, and TE can be a factor as well, yea, that will be fun. Lots to look forward to now that we have the tools necessary to distribute the ball.

Whole New Game GBR

I am going to change it up a bit.
2 Things on offense for the season
1. 1000 yard rusher
2. 1000 yard WR (we have never had one but I think we have the arms and horses to do it this year)

2 things on defense
1. Pass rush as previously mentioned
2. No more than 10 plays of 25 or more yards.

1. Some Discipline. Fewest penalties in the Big West. Especially want to see the fewest illegal procedure penalties.

2. Create more turnovers than we have been.

Last edited:

My take is the door to success hinges on two elements. It opens with the offensive line and it shuts with the defensive line. It needs to function well in both directions.

My take is the door to success hinges on two elements. It opens with the offensive line and it shuts with the defensive line. It needs to function well in both directions.
So we need to have a door man?

10306941.jpg

I would like to see us able to convert 3rd and short without having to take to the air. That’s the sign of a good running game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back