• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tugs Bowen to Louisville....errrrr

Basketball at UL isn't exactly out of the blue. It has been a major program for a long time. Petino is crooked af though. Petrino is too...pure scum. Interesting how close their names are.

People told you off? Who? Everyone knows petino and petrino are dirty.
Sure the roundball team has been good for a bit, but they still came out of nowhere as an overall power(their big 3 sports teams). You can bet, they've been buying players for all 3 major sports for some time now. As far as who told me off, let's just say he has some form of Louisville in either his sn or his avatar. I feel vindicated by this story, not giddy or happy, just vindicated.

Last edited:

I am also willing to bet, that he wont pop up in this thread and say anything about it. I'll be really surprised if he does.

I just hope the NCAA puts some teeth into this thing. Start passing out the death penalty or something similar. Louisville will probably be put on probation and lose a scholarship or two and that will be that. And the cycle will start all over again.

Why do I get the feeling Louisville is the modern day equivalent of the "Blue Chips" team.

I just hope the NCAA puts some teeth into this thing. Start passing out the death penalty or something similar. Louisville will probably be put on probation and lose a scholarship or two and that will be that. And the cycle will start all over again.

Why do I get the feeling Louisville is the modern day equivalent of the "Blue Chips" team.
the FBI may have forced the NCAAs hand here. the ncaa doesnt get to control the information here...the cat is out of the bag. i cant see how they implement anything less than crippling sanctions

I'm torn on that one. I think similarly to you on this. They should be allowed to go pro, but there are going to be plenty of 18 year olds who make horrible decisions. Imagine some of those 18 year olds who don't get drafted. Someone that young with minimal life experience moving away from their family to play in Eorope. So many things could go wrong. Maybe a situation similar to baseball is appropriate. You can declare and get drafted in June but you can opt out by August 1st. The blue bloods would hate that though.
You bring up another topic that the Association is addressing. There is a movement to turn the "G" League, what used to be the "D" League into a true minor league. Before this system is totally incorporated, each NBA team needs to have a G League affiliate. If players think they are good enough to go to the show out of high school, they would sign a two-way contract. It is smaller than the current rookie salary structure and would allow players to participate in up to 30 NBA games along with games in the G League. If the player is good enough, he would be able to then sign a contract similar to the current rookie pay scale. If not, they wash out and have nothing to show for it.

Sadly, many of these kids will get bad advice and make the wrong decision. The NCAA schools that don't like this idea are the Kentucky's and Duke's that have learned how to use the one and done rule and thrive under it.

I am waiting to see if Nike is anyhow implicated in this scandal. They are the basketball shoe big cat! I'm curious to see if Sonny Vacaro is an advisor to the Feds on this one!

You bring up another topic that the Association is addressing. There is a movement to turn the "G" League, what used to be the "D" League into a true minor league. Before this system is totally incorporated, each NBA team needs to have a G League affiliate. If players think they are good enough to go to the show out of high school, they would sign a two-way contract. It is smaller than the current rookie salary structure and would allow players to participate in up to 30 NBA games along with games in the G League. If the player is good enough, he would be able to then sign a contract similar to the current rookie pay scale. If not, they wash out and have nothing to show for it.

Sadly, many of these kids will get bad advice and make the wrong decision. The NCAA schools that don't like this idea are the Kentucky's and Duke's that have learned how to use the one and done rule and thrive under it.

I am waiting to see if Nike is anyhow implicated in this scandal. They are the basketball shoe big cat! I'm curious to see if Sonny Vacaro is an advisor to the Feds on this one!

I'm curious about this, too. USC, Arizona, and Oklahoma State all have deals with Nike, while Auburn has a deal with Under Armor. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Last edited:
if anyone paid attention to my posts in the CU thread you'll recall i was hopeful that Bowen, a 5*, would choose CU. He strung them along for months. all of a sudden Louisville swooped in from out of nowhere and got his committment.

For $100,000!

Louisville basketball may be/SHOULD BE done and heads are going to roll all over college basketball. This is a much more massive story than just Tugs....FBI is indicting people at 4 other programs and they aren't done.

If the recruit strung CU along for months, I wonder if they were on the bidding. Seriously.

If the recruit strung CU along for months, I wonder if they were on the bidding. Seriously.
My opinion is, "no." Lousiville wasn't even mentioned as a possibile school, and then all of a sudden he committed to them. The proverbial offer he couldn't refuse!

The Basketball rule needs to be like the baseball rule you can go straight to the pros from high school but if you chose to go to college you need to put in three years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back