• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tugs Bowen to Louisville....errrrr

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
if anyone paid attention to my posts in the CU thread you'll recall i was hopeful that Bowen, a 5*, would choose CU. He strung them along for months. all of a sudden Louisville swooped in from out of nowhere and got his committment.

For $100,000!

Louisville basketball may be/SHOULD BE done and heads are going to roll all over college basketball. This is a much more massive story than just Tugs....FBI is indicting people at 4 other programs and they aren't done.

Last edited:

UL basketball should be shut down immediately. If the NCAA had any credibility at all they would simply dismantle that program today.

I would be willing to bet that this goes in at several major schools. I'm glad there finally may be some accountability.

I would be willing to bet that this goes in at several major schools. I'm glad there finally may be some accountability.

Sounds like at least four other schools. And apparently the investigation is still ongoing.

Adidas may be in a heap of trouble also, as they were in on these schemes, including their global marketing director.

No doubt. And it probably extends to football too...although probably to a lesser extent with the shoe companies.

This is going to be bad for college ball! The NBA will relook at the one and done rule!
it would be interesting to see how that would impact college ball. I'd just as soon see these kids turn pro whenever they want. i don't think it would hurt college ball all that much.

the players on the other hand...quite a few would probably jump into the draft out of h.s. when they really shouldn't.

it would be interesting to see how that would impact college ball. I'd just as soon see these kids turn pro whenever they want. i don't think it would hurt college ball all that much.

the players on the other hand...quite a few would probably jump into the draft out of h.s. when they really shouldn't.

I'm torn on that one. I think similarly to you on this. They should be allowed to go pro, but there are going to be plenty of 18 year olds who make horrible decisions. Imagine some of those 18 year olds who don't get drafted. Someone that young with minimal life experience moving away from their family to play in Eorope. So many things could go wrong. Maybe a situation similar to baseball is appropriate. You can declare and get drafted in June but you can opt out by August 1st. The blue bloods would hate that though.

UNL says it hasn't been contacted in the investigation. It's good to know we didn't attain this level of success by cheating.:thumbsup::Redface:

I love college basketball but the sport is a mess. I don't think winning and integrity in college basketball are diametric opposites but they are negatively correlated.

Last edited:
if anyone paid attention to my posts in the CU thread you'll recall i was hopeful that Bowen, a 5*, would choose CU. He strung them along for months. all of a sudden Louisville swooped in from out of nowhere and got his committment.

For $100,000!

Louisville basketball may be/SHOULD BE done and heads are going to roll all over college basketball. This is a much more massive story than just Tugs....FBI is indicting people at 4 other programs and they aren't done.
I recall slamming Louisville earlier this year, about how their top3 programs essentially came out of nowhere to be good to great. Baseball, Football and Basketball, and I was saying that how every one says how corrupt the SEC is, that Louisville was just as corrupt or worse. I got told off, called an idiot, etc. etc. I was also told, that these programs were as good as they were because of their AD, hahahahaha!!!! Yeah right. You don't just bust on the scene the way they did because you hired a really good AD, and in turn, he hired the "right" coaches. Guess I was correct. DOH!

I recall slamming Louisville earlier this year, about how their top3 programs essentially came out of nowhere to be good to great. Baseball, Football and Basketball, and I was saying that how every one says how corrupt the SEC is, that Louisville was just as corrupt or worse. I got told off, called an idiot, etc. etc. I was also told, that these programs were as good as they were because of their AD, hahahahaha!!!! Yeah right. You don't just bust on the scene the way they did because you hired a really good AD, and in turn, he hired the "right" coaches. Guess I was correct. DOH!
Basketball at UL isn't exactly out of the blue. It has been a major program for a long time. Petino is crooked af though. Petrino is too...pure scum. Interesting how close their names are.

People told you off? Who? Everyone knows petino and petrino are dirty.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back