• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tre Bryant?

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Hi everybody. After a really busy past several months at work, I'm getting myself ready for college football to (finally) start again.

Has there been any news on Tre Bryant's recovery? I know he was held out of the spring game. I really like this kid and I've been concerned about him ever since MR described Tre as having "old knees."

I have no insider information but saw a video of him a month or two ago running, and he did not look very fluid to my eye. I hope I'm wrong but believe that the staff is giving him time and perhaps know the answer to his future. But they are letting his recovery play out and giving him maximum consideration before they make such a momentous decision.

I have no insider information but saw a video of him a month or two ago running, and he did not look very fluid to my eye. I hope I'm wrong but believe that the staff is giving him time and perhaps know the answer to his future. But they are letting his recovery play out and giving him maximum consideration before they make such a momentous decision.

Good post. Pretty much sums it up.

I'm always worn out speculating on players when it involves their injuries or health, simply because with fipa/ferpa, or whatever that confidentiality process is, we don't know the extent or nature of the injury.

The most intel I gather about Tre is in the utter silence surrounding his potential return--and it's not good.

I doubt Tre will be the feature back, even if healthy. If we could get 5-8 carries per game it would be helpful to spell Bell. I think Miles Jones will end up focusing on RB this year for that reason. Plenty of Duck R types with Spielman and Lindsey.

I'm always worn out speculating on players when it involves their injuries or health, simply because with fipa/ferpa, or whatever that confidentiality process is, we don't know the extent or nature of the injury.

The most intel I gather about Tre is in the utter silence surrounding his potential return--and it's not good.
I would guess and say the silence this summer is deafening...

Especially after his optimism in late spring (i.e. wasn't it in May or early June?)

Sorry, don't have a great deal of expectation or confidece that Bryant will be able to contribute much. No clue why his knee problems were not addressed earlier.

Sorry, don't have a great deal of expectation or confidece that Bryant will be able to contribute much. No clue why his knee problems were not addressed earlier.

I feel bad for the kid. Can't help but think that at some point (or several times) in his past that the health of his knees was negligently mishandled by his coaches or others.

I'm extremely confident he has the right people, with his best interest in mind, in his corner now. Just hoping it doesn't fall into the 'too little, too late' category.

I feel bad for the kid. Can't help but think that at some point (or several times) in his past that the health of his knees was negligently mishandled by his coaches or others.

I'm extremely confident he has the right people, with his best interest in mind, in his corner now. Just hoping it doesn't fall into the 'too little, too late' category.
Unfortunately, life does not always take the path we intend. I also feel for the kid. It still boggles my mind that when he was in HS, someone did not take the initiative to deal with the knee issues. Also, it must have been obvious to schools who were recruiting him that he had knee issues. I read somewhere that he was running hurt as a sophomore in HS? Did not anyone on the collegiate level bring it up to him and his HS coaching staff that he needed medical attention? Maybe it was the fact that his school or parents did not provide insurance? Who knows? Just mystifying as hell, to me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back