• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tre Bryant // Who will lead the lead Huskers in Rushing?

Who will lead the Huskers in Rushing?

• Tre Bryant

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Devine Ozigbo

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Mikale Wilbon

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Maurice Washington

• Miles Jones

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Wyatt Mazour

• Greg Bell III

Votes: 54 50.5%
  • Jaylin Bradley

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other/Walk-on

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Bryant if healthy. Bradley if he's not. Soley based on what we've seen on the field so far.

If you choose Bell you're going virtually solely on faith. JC RBs have at NU have had mixed results. From Rozier(maybe the only really good one) to Thunder Collins and Kenny Wilson.

To refresh the memory Thunder did have one good year and Kenny might have become a top level back but hurt his back lifting a TV if I remember correctly.

To refresh the memory Thunder did have one good year and Kenny might have become a top level back but hurt his back lifting a TV if I remember correctly.

Didn't Kenny mess up his knee carrying the TV due to some sort of bone infection in his knee?

Both were greatly overhyped. We definitely want Bell to be much better.

Last edited:
Tre who was a knee problems will lead Huskers rushing if playing in softer, cooler, forgiving and beautiful natural grass on Osborne field. Plus less concussions. Need to change from fake and crappy Fieldturf to natural grass surface ....... too late in 2018 season?

The secrets of selling like a skeazy, slimy Fieldturf salesman
The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg

But you didn't vote for 'other' ?

You can bet your bottom dollar that our starting QB will have more carries and more rushing yards than some of the players listed on this poll...and potentially more rushing yards than all of them.

In the past 20 years, our QB has been the leading rusher 3 times, and the 2nd leading rusher 7 times. It would have been more than that if not for the pro-style Callahan and Riley eras.

This poll is not about who will be the starting RB. It asks who will be the leading rusher. With SF's offense, QBs need to be included in the conversation.

If the fumblerusky was still legal, our O-linemen would have to be included as well.;)

Last edited:

But I would not assume that the QB we start will run for as many yards as Milton did. That guy was a perfect fit for the system and was himself a really smart QB who could run and pass well. At this point there is no way to know if we have that in the house. So I would assume the running load will be carried by the RBs, just as it was in the UCF play last year. RBs carried for three times as many yards as Milton.

Not so fast my friend. Ryan Held said that Adrian Martinez is the best QB in the country to run SF's offense...and Ryan Held knows what McKenzie Milton can do better than any of us. Looks to me like Martinez has much better wheels than McKenzie Milton, and Gebbia and Bunch appear to have wheels that are just as good.

Didn’t think Greg Bell would run away with this poll like this. However, he does seem set to be handed the keys. Some people are mentioning Mazour, I think he can have a role, but just don’t see him as a lead back.

It's like some people live to take down every thread they themselves don't start.

There is no need to make this thread about your shortcomings.

Pointing out that a QB could be our leading rusher does not derail the thread. It adds to it.

If you don't think a QB could be our leading rusher this year, or that they should not be included in this discussion, you should tell us why.

But I am sure you won't, because there is no reason to exclude them. You just like to complain about something, even when it isn't justified.

I suspect you have bad case of Paramus phobia. If that is the case, the ignore tool can provide a quick and lasting remedy for you.

Last edited:

I am really worried about Tre's knee. I don't think he will play a major role in Husker plans this fall.

With what has been said, and even more with what hasn't been said, the likelihood of him recovering to a fully functioning knee seems low.

To put my worry in perspective, I'm a doctor, although I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching video of UCF last year I tend to think it's going to be a mixed bag as far as running back carries. Hard to believe Ozigbo fits real well in the overall scheme and last year's offense didn't shed much light on the skillset of the other kids. I'm guessing the competition will be wide open for RB, as it should be for all positions.

Didn’t think Greg Bell would run away with this poll like this. However, he does seem set to be handed the keys. Some people are mentioning Mazour, I think he can have a role, but just don’t see him as a lead back.

I probably picked Bell more by default because I assume the staff didn't go and get JUCO guys for 3rd string depth and none of the current guys stuck out (with the exception of Tre, who I'm guessing won't be available). Bradley looks like a kid who can do some good things in this offense, and I'm not as quick as some to write off Ozigbo and others on speed alone. UCFs RB had a nice 40 time, but SF has said many times that while his offense moves fast, it doesn't require that every skill guy have elite speed. They have to have a combination of skills that allow them to do certain things within the scheme. If Ozigbo works as hard this spring as he does when he runs, he may find himself in the mix.

GET TICKETS

Back