• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tre Bryant Update

Good for Tre. There is still a mystery around what actually was going on with his knee(s), and this is the first hard evidence that he is still working to get back.

That is exciting to me, because I still think the kid is really, really good.

First impression i had is that kid should hang it up and think about his body long term. Great kid with grit but there is life after football.
Why? We don't even know what his injury really was. Knee surgeries are fairly common these days, and plenty of players return from them stronger than ever.

Good for Tre. There is still a mystery around what actually was going on with his knee(s), and this is the first hard evidence that he is still working to get back.

That is exciting to me, because I still think the kid is really, really good.

Completely agree. Really liked what I saw early last year and was taken aback by the staff's comments on his knees after he went out. How do you know the kid has knee issues and give him the ball 30+ times in a game? Confusing.

Completely agree. Really liked what I saw early last year and was taken aback by the staff's comments on his knees after he went out. How do you know the kid has knee issues and give him the ball 30+ times in a game? Confusing.
That struck me as beyond stupid. The comments made me think he’s arthritic, which is tragic if true. He showed strength, speed, vision and the ability to elude. He looked like the complete package.

Why? We don't even know what his injury really was. Knee surgeries are fairly common these days, and plenty of players return from them stronger than ever.

Depends on what type of injury. Ligament damage is one that can be repaired and often better. However if it is degenerative cartilage damage that is a different story. I had one that needed to be scoped 3 times before I eventually had it replace at age 46. I hadn't had any problems until I was in my 30's. Early 20's is awful early to be dealing with cartilage issues if it has been ongoing.

Why? We don't even't know what his injury really was. Knee surgeries are fairly common these days, and plenty of players return from them stronger than ever.

if i am not mistaken it has previously reported that he has chronic knee problems and MR stated his knees where worse that those of an old man to begin with. I don't proclaim any medical knowledge of his condition or what can be medically done for him but doesn't sound like constant football pounding is a remedy to me.

if i am not mistaken it has previously reported that he has chronic knee problems and MR stated his knees where worse that those of an old man to begin with. I don't proclaim any medical knowledge of his condition or what can be medically done for him but doesn't sound like constant football pounding is a remedy to me.
The constant football pounding isn't healthy for any of them. He and his doctors can make a grown up decision. We literally have no idea what the diagnosis or prognosis is.

They said something like that, but they also said he wouldn't need surgery. In fact, they claimed it wasn't something that could be fixed surgically. Then all of a sudden he's having surgery on it. If it couldn't be fixed surgically, why go under the knife? If it was something that COULD be fixed, why didn't they do it sooner?

The whole thing was very strange, and I feel bad for Bryant being caught in the middle of it.

They said something like that, but they also said he wouldn't need surgery. In fact, they claimed it wasn't something that could be fixed surgically. Then all of a sudden he's having surgery on it. If it couldn't be fixed surgically, why go under the knife? If it was something that COULD be fixed, why didn't they do it sooner?

The whole thing was very strange, and I feel bad for Bryant being caught in the middle of it.
Like the diagnosis/prognosis now...we don't know what it was then. Maybe it evolved. Maybe (very likely) we weren't given the whole story...which is fine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back