• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer Portal

I think the concept of the 4-yr scholarship has gone out the window if you want to be able to compete.
I believe this is the rule in the B1G. Yes I know there are slimy ways around it by basically making it tougher on the kid or telling him he will never see the field and hope you can encourage him to move on. But I'm just not sure the B1G rules on the 4 year scholarship were written to give the schools the opportunity to pull the scholarship if he enters the transfer portal.

I believe this is the rule in the B1G. Yes I know there are slimy ways around it by basically making it tougher on the kid or telling him he will never see the field and hope you can encourage him to move on. But I'm just not sure the B1G rules on the 4 year scholarship were written to give the schools the opportunity to pull the scholarship if he enters the transfer portal.

Conferences may have to revisit things, since the portal is new.

I believe you are correct, the B1G says if you offer a scholarship it must be for 4 years. I also believe, the rule establishing the portal allows a school to yank a scholarship when a kid enters the portal. No word yet, that I know of, a B1G policy regarding that situation. They may stick with the 4 year promise or may come to their senses and realize it's to their benefit to allow rescinding the scholarship.

Does anyone know, can a kid enter the portal at any time, say 5 games into the season after having played sparingly in the first 4 tames/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back