• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Top JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard is N Update: Has yet to show up on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualifying for early entrance to Nebraska appears to be the issue (grades/credits?). Not sure where it goes from here.

Last edited:

That's a head scratcher.

Something to do with qualification. Either grades or enough credits. Not sure which.

Question will he be here in the fall and the answer is no clue. Will have to wait for this to play itself out.

I’m scratching something else.
Have at it bro
images

Something to do with qualification. Either grades or enough credits. Not sure which.

Question will he be here in the fall and the answer is no clue. Will have to wait for this to play itself out.
The thing that concerns me is this has been a problem with JUCOs going back to Callahan’s early years. It often turns out badly. Did we (the new staff) miss something? Was information withheld? At best you have a delay getting to campus which puts a short timer behind on the learning curve. At worst, they never enroll. We desperately need guys who can contribute this fall.

Last edited:
The thing that concerns me is this has been a problem with JUCOs going back to Callahan’s early years. It often turns out badly. Did we (the new staff) miss something? Was information withheld? At best you have a delay getting to campus which puts a short timer behind on the learning curve. At worst, they never enroll. We desperately need guys who can contribute this fall.

Yet we have four JUCO players who just signed and are enrolled and in class since this past Monday. So you lost me with your premise. Look every school has a kid or two both HS and JUCO who craps out for whatever reason. Lets not make it something its not

We'll know more after the coaches make their visit to his school, hopefully he just has a few more credits to take care of and will be here this summer.... keeping the faith. GBR

Yet we have four JUCO players who just signed and are enrolled and in class since this past Monday. So you lost me with your premise. Look every school has a kid or two both HS and JUCO who craps out for whatever reason. Lets not make it something its not
At worst the scholly goes to another player.

Even more of a reason to over sign!

Yes, that is a success having four of five enroll. So I am not against JUCOs at all, but it is always concerning when you have something like this happen, did we miss something (fault on us) or did the JUCO misrepresent something. It doesn't make that much difference this year, as we will probably struggle to fill the class, so I doubt we are turning away players because this guy had signed (and now we know this is an issue so we have time to recruit even more). It just bothers me when an apparent issue like this crops up; there really isn't an excuse unless the information had been withheld (and it may have). Also, our staff is new to UNL, so given the situation and constraints, it may be more of a long term issue that will be fixed by the next cycle.

I am not being critical of the new staff; just more frustrated (and not necessarily with UNL Admissions, either).

Of course there has been very little in the way of facts available.

Yes, that is a success having four of five enroll. So I am not against JUCOs at all, but it is always concerning when you have something like this happen, did we miss something (fault on us) or did the JUCO misrepresent something. It doesn't make that much difference this year, as we will probably struggle to fill the class, so I doubt we are turning away players because this guy had signed (and now we know this is an issue so we have time to recruit even more). It just bothers me when an apparent issue like this crops up; there really isn't an excuse unless the information had been withheld (and it may have). Also, our staff is new to UNL, so given the situation and constraints, it may be more of a long term issue that will be fixed by the next cycle.

I am not being critical of the new staff; just more frustrated (and not necessarily with UNL Admissions, either).

Of course there has been very little in the way of facts available.

We're dealing with 18-22 year old kids here.

S@%# happens.

Like RR says, every school has to deal with it.

Was listening to Lincoln sports radio KLIN yesterday morning. Schaefer was being asked about Woodyard. He said confidence is high that he will be enrolled and on campus by Summer. Apparently just short a credit or two, will be easy to obtain what he needs, and he will have ample opportunity to do it in time to join the team this Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back