• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tony Samuel

Scoob N Lincoln

Recruit
5 Year Member
I really enjoyed reading the 3 part Tony Samuel series. I played a lot of hoops with him at the Sports Courts back in the day. Everybody liked Tony. Quiet yet confident. I never asked him football questions as I knew he had very little down time from coaching. Every once in a while after a few beers in the Sports Courts bar he would open up and share a good story about a current player or a stud recruit coming in. I remember him being extremely excited when Tony Ortiz signed in the mid 90's. I believe Ortiz had a nice career but was hampered by a knee injury. I have always rooted for Tony Samuel and his career. He was a cool dude.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed reading the 3 part Tony Samuel series. I played a lot of hoops with him at the Sports Courts back in the day. Everybody liked Tony. Quiet yet confident. I never asked him football questions as I knew he had very little down time from coaching. Every once in a while after a few beers in the Sports Courts bar he would open up and share a good story about a current player or a stud recruit coming in. I remember him being extremely excited when Tony Ortiz signed in the mid 90's. I believe Ortiz had a nice career but was hampered by a knee injury. I have always rooted for Tony Samuel and his career. He was a cool dude.

Haha Sports Courts. I was just having beers with T, Vick, and Morgan Gregory a few weeks back talking about the "good old days" at Sports Courts.

He liked to give former Huskers a chance at coaching too.Hired a number of them over the years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back