• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tim Miles in a nutshell

I reckon we need you coaching this team. Since you know so much.
75708794.jpg

yet what we have now, from a win loss perspective, isn't any better.
**********INCOMING EXCUSE ALERT*********

You have to remember this team lost four games by a total of five points (Clem, Rutgers, OSU, Wisconsin). I know we made some mistakes in those losses and had our luck in other games this season, but we are that close to being 14-10 and 5th in the b1g

**********INCOMING EXCUSE ALERT*********

You have to remember this team lost four games by a total of five points (Clem, Rutgers, OSU, Wisconsin). I know we made some mistakes in those losses and had our luck in other games this season, but we are that close to being 14-10 and 5th in the b1g

If you say if NU should when every close game they lost, you have to flip it the other way and say what the record would be if they lost every close game they won.

They are this close to being 5-19 and 1-12. The "if buts" thing never bodes well. You are who you are.

If you say if NU should when every close game they lost, you have to flip it the other way and say what the record would be if they lost every close game they won.

They are this close to being 5-19 and 1-12. The "if buts" thing never bodes well. You are who you are.
So glad you're back. I'm happy I'm not you.

I at least did the math and added up how many points we lost by in those 4 games.

You know all about iffy buts

Last edited:

A person could make any team in the country look far better or worse based on "if or but" this happened. Its pointless as far as I'm concerned. Right now Miles records is very similar to Collier's and Sadlers but he's got an NCAA tournament berth. Lets hope next year he puts it all together with a fairly experienced roster.

Don't mean to be rude, but 9 likes in almost 3000 posts. That has to either be a mistake, or a record. GBR!!!

This is a valid concern with a coaching staff. In a discussion today, Jerry Colangelo had an interesting comment. He said "if you want a metric to evaluate a coach, track how many times their team scores out of a timeout."
Very true. Will dvr the game today, and will be interested on how we do on inbound plays after timeouts. Mainly inbounds plays in general. But miles being a coach this long I'm betting he has some great plays they have been practicing for that instance. My dad being a coach forever (40 yrs. high school) was always talking about those plays and jotting them down as we watched college b.ball on t.v. GBR!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back