• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Three familiar names on this “worst coordinators” list

The guy on that list I really want to know about is Doug Meacham. Has he never seen Kansas football before?

As for Watson, I think he should donate some of the money he's made since 2001 to the Nebraska general scholarship fund. He's made a lot of money off that disaster in Boulder, and I don't think he's coached as good of a game since then.

Beck and Watson weren't great here, but I think they both run circles around Langsdorf. We haven't had a great offensive coordinator since Osborne retired. Carl was pretty damn good as a defensive coordinator, but it's been pretty bleak outside of his 3 or 4 year stint.

Eichorst and Pedey have to among the worst AD hires ever. Callahan and Riley have to be among the worst head coaching hires in the last 20+ years. And then you add a bunch of stiffs at Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator. That's pretty much the formula for going from the best program in college football to a complete joke in 20 years.

Last edited:

revised your list. Watson does not even get honorable mention. You left out Kevin Cosgrove.

I don’t disagree about Papuchis or Cosgrove, but never forget Watson’s 2009 offense that was so incredibly bad that we basically just planned for 3 & outs and punted the ball away, waiting for Suh to force a turnover that gets us in field goal range. That was our actual strategy.

I remember watching the big 12 championship game with some friends who were not Nebraska fans but they wanted to see Texas lose. On every offensive possession, my friends would be outraged that we were so conservative on offense. I had to explain to them that the “punt & pray” strategy had been working since our 8 turnover fiasco against Iowa State.

Last edited:

I don’t disagree about Papuchis or Cosgrove, but never forget Watson’s 2009 offense that was so incredibly bad that we basically just planned for 3 & outs and punted the ball away, waiting for Suh to force a turnover that gets us in field goal range. That was our actual strategy.

I remember watching the big 12 championship game with some friends who were not Nebraska fans but they wanted to see Texas lose. On every offensive possession, my friends would be outraged that we were so conservative on offense. I had to explain to them that the “punt & pray” strategy had been working since our 8 turnover fiasco against Iowa State.
I seem to remember the injuries to our key offensive players that year. Did your friends watch the defense fall apart in the final minute to lose the game?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back