• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thread on Recruiting Chops

What is the best position for you to evaluate?

• QB

• RB

• TE

• DB/Safety

• OL

• WR

• DE/DT

• OLB/ILB

• I just throw the remote when we lose.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Native

ToungeInCheek since 2010
Staff member
10 Year Member
Results of this poll are displayed. You can pick 2 positions. Explain your "why" in the comments!

Definitely Wideout and D-line play.

P.s. Your going to insult a couple of those wild and crazy field goal kickers on the board. Let's not forget about the little guys wearing numbers in the 90's.

Last edited:

I don't know ANY X's and O's.....but I find myself focusing on line play...defense and offense. Again, dont know the specifics of them but can readily (imo) see when one side or the other is getting manhandled and out physicalled.

I said running back and linebackers as I coached several Heisman trophy winners and All-Americans at these positions in my NCAA 2007 dynasty. For running backs, the key is to recruit speed. Generally you can expect athletes that run 4.16-4.22 40s to fall into the 97-99 speed category. From there, just get them out in space. For linebackers, the key is good athletes that are big and fast then coach them up to blitz like crazy. I'd attribute about a quarter of my success to recruiting, a quarter to development, a quarter to in game coaching, and a quarter to creating the process and maintaining staff continuity.

Definitely Wideout and D-line play.

P.s. Your going to insult a couple of those wild and crazy field goal kickers on the board. Let's not forget about the little guys wearing numbers in the 90's.

I was bound to mess it up somehow.

I'm a quarterback guru. Sadly, only my dog seems to recognize my brilliance.

Gideon-with-football.jpg

I went with basically getting to the qb and coverage. Played db in high school a long time ago. How many more days until our first game? 250 ?;)

GET TICKETS

Back