1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on next season

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by huskrthill, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Ackos

Ackos Heisman 15 Year Member

Setter
    Hames

Outside Hitters
    Sun
    Davis
    Sweet

Mid Blockers
    Stivrins
    Schwarzenbach

Libero
    Miller

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Farmer Jake likes this.
  2. Farmer Jake

Farmer Jake Recruit

Your line up looks very possible. I am curious about some of the other that we didn't see on the court, where they fit in on the plan. Not to mention how much they develop and progress in the off season.

3. HuskerDB

HuskerDB Recruit 5 Year Member

Good question. Foeke was an absolute beast when the chips were down and anybody who thinks she can easily be replaced is wrong. I like Lexi and she was the number one recruit of 2017, but even so she is not as good as Foecke. We WILL miss Foecke's arm and leadership. Stivrins is another beast and I do wonder about moving her to outside, but think that is unlikely (Cook will know best).

Fortunately what makes Nebraska VBall elite is the culture and teamwork. Cook gets more out of his teams than anybody else -- that is what gives me hope for next year.

On a different note, I was at the final four and Stanford is now on the same list I have for Miami and Texas -- absolutely classless institution.

4. Ackos

Ackos Heisman 15 Year Member

I think whatever Suns injury was, it set her back a lot. And i think she needs work in the weight room.

5. weaver75

weaver75 Recruit 5 Year Member

I too think we will really miss the two seniors. They were amazing, each with her own singular strengths. In addition to those players Ackos mentioned, a 2019 freshman and/or transfer could be a key ingredient next year.