• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

These coaches....what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I apologize if you really weren't interested in keeping Bo longer than we did. But, I always maintained that every year we kept Pelini (a mediocre coach), it kept us further away from finding our next great coach. I wear it as a badge of honor that I spotted the fraud that was Bo Pelini earlier than just about anyone.

That MR failed so badly was our good fortune assuming that SF is the real deal, and, I think he is. As far as 3 1/2 years, I think that is generally a reasonable amount of time to support a new coach before you decide he is or isn't the right guy. That MR was removed earlier is a good thing because he had lost the team as Callahan did in 2007. If it takes SF until part way through his 4th season to get this thing turned around and winning championships, I'll be on board all the while.

Hey I have no problem with you wanting a badge of honor spotting the Bo Pelini fraud. Its yours to have. It seems a little strange that you were.....and still appear to be unable to recognize the MR fraud and the capacity at which it reared itself. It seems like any time something is referenced negatively towards MR or positively towards SF you go into defensive mode with MR and ultimately go back and blame Bo for something. As if Bo's faults made MR much better.

Hey I have no problem with you wanting a badge of honor spotting the Bo Pelini fraud. Its yours to have. It seems a little strange that you were.....and still appear to be unable to recognize the MR fraud and the capacity at which it reared itself. It seems like any time something is referenced negatively towards MR or positively towards SF you go into defensive mode with MR and ultimately go back and blame Bo for something. As if Bo's faults made MR much better.
Wrong, I have been totally on board with the MR firing and as happy about the SF hiring as anyone on this board. It did take me longer to "turn" on MR than many others, but i was trying to give him every chance for as long as I did our other coaching failures. I do like to jump in when someone tries to re-write Bo's failed regime, perhaps that's what you notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back