• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

These coaches....what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And I refrain but.......hard to argue with the guys that do considering we had 3 years of how bad Bo was.
LOl...and if you had your way, Bo would still be here losing 4 every year and SF would be elsewhere. Thank the lucky stars we finally got rid of that loon.

Last edited:

LOl...and if you had your way, Bo would still be here losing 4 every year and SF would be elsewhere. Thank the lucky stars we finally got rid of that loon.

What are you talking about? I have never wanted Bo be retained? That is a lie and you can't prove it because I wasn't on the board then. The only thing I have ever wanted is something other than Riley. However its pretty well known by everyone that if you had your way we'd be looking at 20,000 at the spring game for Riley's 4th year.

What are you talking about? I have never wanted Bo be retained? That is a lie and you can't prove it because I wasn't on the board then. The only thing I have ever wanted is something other than Riley. However its pretty well known by everyone that if you had your way we'd be looking at 20,000 at the spring game for Riley's 4th year.

I have an idea now that we have a great coach you both like why don't we
30666708460_f4d43e53b8_b.jpg

Last edited:

He hasn't given up on Riley yet. He said he would give him 3 1/2 seasons.

He hasn't given up on Riley yet. He said he would give him 3 1/2 seasons.

Well I wish he would just admit it instead of making up a diversional lie that I still want Bo here. Just trying to change the subject away from his response. I hate when people hold on and act like they aren't.

You know it might be easy if one guy wouldn't make up lies trying to win an argument.
I apologize if you really weren't interested in keeping Bo longer than we did. But, I always maintained that every year we kept Pelini (a mediocre coach), it kept us further away from finding our next great coach. I wear it as a badge of honor that I spotted the fraud that was Bo Pelini earlier than just about anyone.

That MR failed so badly was our good fortune assuming that SF is the real deal, and, I think he is. As far as 3 1/2 years, I think that is generally a reasonable amount of time to support a new coach before you decide he is or isn't the right guy. That MR was removed earlier is a good thing because he had lost the team as Callahan did in 2007. If it takes SF until part way through his 4th season to get this thing turned around and winning championships, I'll be on board all the while.

Last edited:

I apologize if you really weren't interested in keeping Bo longer than we did. But, I always maintained that every year we kept Pelini (a mediocre coach), it kept us further away from finding our next great coach. I wear it as a badge of honor that I spotted the fraud that was Bo Pelini earlier than just about anyone.

That MR failed so badly was our good fortune assuming that SF is the real deal, and, I think he is. As far as 3 1/2 years, I think that is generally a reasonable amount of time to support a new coach before you decide he is or isn't the right guy. That MR was removed earlier is a good thing because he had lost the team as Callahan did in 2007. If it takes SF until part way through his 4th season to get this thing turned around and winning championships, I'll be on board all the while.

I wish you wore your badges of shame as quickly as your badges of honor.

My memories are quite different.

The initial reaction to Riley's hire was scratching the head. Be honest, did you know who Riley was? I had to look him up. That's how I found out he was a .500 coach; nobody was saying it. After the hire, Eichorst went into full PR mode, starting with the "Mike Riley is an elite coach" comment.
:Facepalm:
True story, I almost wrecked my truck when I first heard it, listening to the sports animal. I still don't know how I stopped. I hadn't even heard that rumor. I had to find a place to stop and gather myself. I was mad as hell, and was immediately thinking, damn it, this is going to waste 4 years minimum, hence the, Dudes....we're so screwed thread. Thank the Good Lord it was only 3 years. I thanked Him endlessly.

Elite coach, just LOL.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back