• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

These coaches....what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrast that with Callahan's comments when hired "We need players!" and Eichorst's comments about improving the talent on the roster when Riley was hired.

These guys get. Those guys did not.

Uh did you read the post where he called the current guys flabby and out of shape? And basically say they lacked any real effor in the weight room?

Uh did you read the post where he called the current guys flabby and out of shape? And basically say they lacked any real effor in the weight room?
Nope. Even if they did say that, it's not the same thing. They're not saying "we have no talent" like Eichorst and Callahan both did quite publicly.

What a great article. Love it. The sky is the limit. Great things coming NU's way, and I'll bet it won't take that long.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/3367/at-nebraska-scott-frost-and-his-staff-can-get-anybody-they-want
Great article indeed. Makes me wanna go.....

iu

This is not the first time in the post-TO era that I have consumed vast quantities of Nebraska's own Kool-Aid. I do believe this staff will bring us hungry HuskerNation faithful a successful team - including another NC at some point. But I can't keep from remembering how I felt with other staffs, too. Optimism this time of year is contagious.
Optimism is awesome, when there is a fighting chance. There was none with Callahan and -0 under Riley. NU had no shot at success. Plenty with Bo and with Scott.

So, now in society, you can't tell the truth? They were pushed around. They were out of shape. I said all along for 3 years there was more talent here than what showed. Playing like junk and playing in a system that sucks tends to look that way. There are players and talent here. You're gonna see a big difference in about 6 months.

Optimism is awesome, when there is a fighting chance. There was none with Callahan and -0 under Riley. NU had no shot at success. Plenty with Bo and with Scott.

I think there was a lot of hope with the "nice" coach, and I do remember all the excitement when Cally had that incredible recruiting haul one year. Then USC came to town (even Rush Limbaugh mentioned on the radio this week being at that game), and Humpty fell off the wall and couldn't get up again.

LOVE IT!!!

This, I can tell you, being from Florida myself, is the absolute truth. Growing up as a Husker fan, you always heard(I guess we still do) that on game day, the stadium becomes the 3rd largest city in Nebraska...Well, that speaks of hickville and redneck city..... I'll never forget the first time I visited Lincoln. I had those same dumb stereotypes of the area. I was pretty much pleasantly surprised with what I found. It just solidified my "Love" for the city and the state. I will never be ashamed of, or embarrassed about Florida, but those of you that are actually born and bred Huskers, you should be very proud of your state.

Thanks for posting this, it was a great little read. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live in Florida because I despise winter, but you are correct. There IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA!:Corn2::Shout::frost:

I think there was a lot of hope with the "nice" coach, and I do remember all the excitement when Cally had that incredible recruiting haul one year. Then USC came to town (even Rush Limbaugh mentioned on the radio this week being at that game), and Humpty fell off the wall and couldn't get up again.
Excitement from those who couldn't see the disaster happening day by day. Hope? Hell, you can hope for all kinds of things, but reality is usually a bitch. Btw, Callahan's issues were present LONG before USC came to town.

My memories are quite different.

The initial reaction to Riley's hire was scratching the head. Be honest, did you know who Riley was? I had to look him up. That's how I found out he was a .500 coach; nobody was saying it. After the hire, Eichorst went into full PR mode, starting with the "Mike Riley is an elite coach" comment.
:Facepalm:
Any hope around the Riley hire was purely wishful thinking.

He Who Shall Remain Nameless (HWSRN), as bad as he was, would have lasted a few more years if he had done something about that abysmal defense. Yes, he could recruit, as could Riley (to a certain degree) but neither could run a college football program.

IMO, ultimately both these coaches implicitly blamed the players. They believed in their system, game plans, etc. and thought everything was "correctable," meaning we just have to get the kids to execute. How many times did HWSRN say, "We're a half a step away?" Riley intimated the same sentiment.

My memories are quite different.

The initial reaction to Riley's hire was scratching the head. Be honest, did you know who Riley was? I had to look him up. That's how I found out he was a .500 coach; nobody was saying it. After the hire, Eichorst went into full PR mode, starting with the "Mike Riley is an elite coach" comment.
:Facepalm:
Any hope around the Riley hire was purely wishful thinking.

He Who Shall Remain Nameless (HWSRN), as bad as he was, would have lasted a few more years if he had done something about that abysmal defense. Yes, he could recruit, as could Riley (to a certain degree) but neither could run a college football program.

IMO, ultimately both these coaches implicitly blamed the players. They believed in their system, game plans, etc. and thought everything was "correctable," meaning we just have to get the kids to execute. How many times did HWSRN say, "We're a half a step away?" Riley intimated the same sentiment.

I understand what you're saying. Maybe I'm just too naive. I've been sad when seasons started going south and I could see that jobs were ultimately going to be lost, and excited with the prospects for each new coach who followed - including MR (I've already admitted I can be naive). I've always figured that the powers to be were smarter than I am with personnel, and supported their decisions. Now with Moos on board, showing a lot of savvy, I am truly optimistic. I love the idea of Frost as our HC (such a perfect fit), and hoping beyond hope that this will be the last football HC hire in Lincoln in my lifetime (I am pretty old).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back