• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

These coaches....what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think, some on this very board wanted to give Riley even more time. WOW. I can't even say what really needs to be said about that. Not allowed to on this site.

This will be a very different team moving forward.
He’s back where he belongs thankfully. Oregon State. I wanted to cry real man tears watching the team this past year. Mainly the OSU and Iowa game. The day Riley was canned Husker fans rejoiced. Finally this fanbase some damn HOPE back.

its just real nice having some coaches in here who've got fire in their bellies and want to and know how in their mind. It's so welcome.

How can a coach, in any sport, not have that fire and drive to win? I just don't understand. In fact, why would a school hire back a loser?
hmm.gif

its just real nice having some coaches in here who've got fire in their bellies and want to and know how in their mind. It's so welcome.

You bet. And after only one abbreviated recruiting season, there appears to be no need for excuses for recruiting failures, either. That's the part that's most refreshing to me.

“I’ll fly across the country,” Chinander said, “and I’ll walk into anybody’s living room against any other coach in the country and we’ll get these kids here.”

Last edited:
You bet. And after only one abbreviated recruiting season, there appears to be no need for excuses for recruiting failures, either. That's the part that's most refreshing to me.
Indeed so. These guys get it. I certainly think NU is in for good things moving forward. It's going to be fun watching these guys build this thing up. Will be interesting to see how fast it comes together. There are a lot of pieces already here.

Indeed so. These guys get it. I certainly think NU is in for good things moving forward. It's going to be fun watching these guys build this thing up. Will be interesting to see how fast it comes together. There are a lot of pieces already here.

I was pleasantly surprised to read Frost and Austin's comments about our o-line. We just came off a year of one of the worst collective o-line performances in modern Nebraska history, and both new coaches were gushing about all of the good young talent they walked into on the line.

I was pleasantly surprised to read Frost and Austin's comments about our o-line. We just came off a year of one of the worst collective o-line performances in modern Nebraska history, and both new coaches were gushing about all of the good young talent they walked into on the line.
Contrast that with Callahan's comments when hired "We need players!" and Eichorst's comments about improving the talent on the roster when Riley was hired.

These guys get. Those guys did not.

I'm as optimistic ans anyone, but, as with any transition, I am tempering that with the knowledge of many of the great FBS coaches that moved up to P5 and did not knock it out of the park, especially at first.

I think what separates Frost from all of them, though, is his P-5 coaching background at Oregon. Many of the splash FBS hires had little to no experience at the P5 level and it showed.

This is not the first time in the post-TO era that I have consumed vast quantities of Nebraska's own Kool-Aid. I do believe this staff will bring us hungry HuskerNation faithful a successful team - including another NC at some point. But I can't keep from remembering how I felt with other staffs, too. Optimism this time of year is contagious.

This is not the first time in the post-TO era that I have consumed vast quantities of Nebraska's own Kool-Aid. I do believe this staff will bring us hungry HuskerNation faithful a successful team - including another NC at some point. But I can't keep from remembering how I felt with other staffs, too. Optimism this time of year is contagious.

This is a nice post. It does remind me of having a lot of optimism other years too. However in my particular case.....I haven't really had the optimism the last 3 years.

Optimism spreads quickly when there's genuinely something to be optimistic about. False optimism is like finger nails on the chalkboard.
This regime are proven winners. When was the last time we could say that about a new coach?

Optimism spreads quickly when there's genuinely something to be optimistic about. False optimism is like finger nails on the chalkboard.
This regime are proven winners. When was the last time we could say that about a new coach?

I completely agree they have earned all the accolades they've received. Thank goodness chalkboards don't much exist anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back