• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

the signal we will get from the Arkansas state game

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
I think we will win the game. If we don't, the signal will be very clear.

But I think we should begin to look for games we win by big numbers. It has been a long time since that has been the case. If we beat them by big numbers, then to me that is a signal that we have shot at winning some major games this year. If we squeak by, then we probably have to wait another year.

How does an Arkansas State prepare for NU?

It should be a blowout win, but it means really nothing in the grand scheme.

Sure the game plan will look much different for AS than it will of OSU Wisc etc.

I'd like to see a blow out just so we can get younger players game time experience. I miss the days when the starters could take their shoulder pads off the entire second half. For the past few years, even with a blow out win starters needed experience to improve and learn a new system. We still have some young players that need game time experience but maybe some of our starters can take a break in a blow out (yes this message is for you Cav).

When we can sit starters in the second half against teams like Arkansas state, N. Illinois, Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue then we may know something. When our starters are done in the 4th quarter against Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa then I will be happy.

I'd like to see a blow out just so we can get younger players game time experience. I miss the days when the starters could take their shoulder pads off the entire second half. For the past few years, even with a blow out win starters needed experience to improve and learn a new system. We still have some young players that need game time experience but maybe some of our starters can take a break in a blow out (yes this message is for you Cav).

When we can sit starters in the second half against teams like Arkansas state, N. Illinois, Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue then we may know something. When our starters are done in the 4th quarter against Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa then I will be happy.

Now you've done it, you're making me reminse about the good old days.

Last edited:
Arkansas State was a decent team last year. I think they lost quite a few guys of last year's squad, but I wouldn't sleep on them.

Arkansas State was a decent team last year. I think they lost quite a few guys of last year's squad, but I wouldn't sleep on them.
Seems they've been to several bowl games in a row. I'm to lazy to look. Yeah, this is a team that's gonna come into Lincoln expecting to win the game. Nebraska hasn't pushed anyone around in years. They prolly think NU is ripe for the taking. Can't say I blame them.

Seems they've been to several bowl games in a row. I'm to lazy to look. Yeah, this is a team that's gonna come into Lincoln expecting to win the game. Nebraska hasn't pushed anyone around in years. They prolly think NU is ripe for the taking. Can't say I blame them.
We beat our first 2 opponents last season by combined score of 95-27... Fresno and Wyoming! I'd say that's pushing teams around... BTW Wyoming was a decent team finished 8-6 and almost beat BYU in a bowl. To say the Husker haven't pushed anyone around in years is just flat out incorrect IMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back