• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The rich get richer

Discoverer27

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Was listening to a couple of recruiting "experts" on Siriusxm and they said Bama has 25 recruits that are in the top 300. Crazy.

I took a peek at the top 50 recruits a couple of years ago, and EVERY SINGLE ONE joined a team that was either:

- In the top 10 the previous year
- In the SEC
- In one of the big three recruiting states: Texas/Florida/California

Yup, the rich get richer cause the top kids want to play for the top teams.

I took a peek at the top 50 recruits a couple of years ago, and EVERY SINGLE ONE joined a team that was either:

- In the top 10 the previous year
- In the SEC
- In one of the big three recruiting states: Texas/Florida/California

Yup, the rich get richer cause the top kids want to play for the top teams.
With the college recruiting rules we have that's how it works. Hard to break that up.

Schools on the out sometimes try to shake that up by bringing in a celeb coach to rejuvenate a program. I think to some degree Michigan recently pulled that off. We might end up qualifying here also. :thumbsup:

Was listening to a couple of recruiting "experts" on Siriusxm and they said Bama has 25 recruits that are in the top 300. Crazy.

I was thrilled to hear we have four (maybe five soon) in the Top 250 this year! But wow, that pales in comparison to those at the very top right now.

I'm willing to bet, that if one wanted to do a little research, and go back to the 60's forward, they'd find this to be true even then.

I think that's true but I do think in the social media age of the last dozen or so years that the very top kids tend to cluster together even more. They follow each other and communicate and recruit each other at a far heightened rate. The same thing happens in college basketball but those kids are one and done so those few schools that always sign them don't dominate as much.

Alabama and Clemson are good because they have talent, so I'm not saying this isn't valid to a degree, but there's also some self fulfilling prophecy to this. It's hard for Alabama to not have the majority of their class in the top 250 when the services rate players, in part, on the basis of offers and elevate players because they have offers from Alabama or Clemson, etc.

Alabama and Clemson are good because they have talent, so I'm not saying this isn't valid to a degree, but there's also some self fulfilling prophecy to this. It's hard for Alabama to not have the majority of their class in the top 250 when the services rate players, in part, on the basis of offers and elevate players because they have offers from Alabama or Clemson, etc.
This. Kid is maybe #300 then Ala and Clemson offer. BOOM kid is top 200.

This. Kid is maybe #300 then Ala and Clemson offer. BOOM kid is top 200.
That says volumes to those schools being able to get these kids to play at their max levels. A 4-5 star at a lesser school doesn't always get the opportunity to play top level football

So true... Alabama's composite ranking the last 9 years:
2019 - #1
2018 - #5
2017 - #1
2016 - #1
2015 - #1
2014 - #1
2013 - #1
2012 - #1
2011 - #1

I mean... come on. How do you get dusted by any team if this is accurate? They have players we wish we had, but recruiting rankings bump kids based on who they commit to.

Last edited:

They may be taking a recruiting hit as reports are saying Tosh Lupoi is leaving to take a job with the Browns.

So true... Alabama's composite ranking the last 9 years:
2019 - #1
2018 - #5
2017 - #1
2016 - #1
2015 - #1
2014 - #1
2013 - #1
2012 - #1
2011 - #1

I mean... come on. How do you get dusted by any team if this is accurate? They have players we wish we had, but recruiting rankings bump kids based on who they commit to.

$eriously? $omehow they $hould $lip. $o goe$ The $EC.

Clemson has yet to finish in the top 5 of classes since Dabo has been coach, yet they have proven to have enough talent to beat the #1 ranked classes on 3 different occasions. IMO the top 5 finishes have more to do with who is recruiting them than who is being recruited.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back