• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"The Program" is in Lincoln this week. Here is the video from UCF last year.

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
This will be an eye opener for some of our guys. I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of a brand new commit, arriving in Lincoln, and going through this experience early. :eek:

BTW, one of The Program leaders went with Scott on his recent Grand Canyon excursion. From the pics I saw, only he and Scott were smiling!

Live 3 miles from the Navy Seal Training Base in Coronado.... ....this looks a lot like a 'short and intense seal (BUDS) training day'...love that fact that we are immersing Cornhusker players in this level of training.....GO BIG RED......

...as the video states....."the enemy is coming"....lol!!!

Last edited:
d42ccad9e015691a90bf19ed4aa8df5e.jpg

“Every time we’re together, there are opportunities to lead. We want to put our guys in a position to do that. We don’t want fake leaders. We don’t want false leaders. We don’t want to force a guy to be a leader. We do leadership training. We’ll have a deal starting Sunday night into next Tuesday where the Program comes in — leadership group, military guys that they used at Oregon, we used at UCF to help teach these guys what it means to be a leader, what qualities there are to being a great teammate. We help facilitate that process as well."

5aadccba6f87f.image.jpg

Yep, UCF did it, and now Nebraska is doing it. It was part of UCF's rise and conquer initiative.

Now it is Nebraska's turn to Rise and Conquer

From 4-8 to ....

12814857.jpeg

Last edited:

Just wanted to point out that these things are not entirely new to Nebraska.

Here we are doing The Program in 2013.

It's great that SF and Co. are using techniques like this, but the rearview lesson is that a winning program and culture takes more than than these kind of one-off interventions. WHICH – I'm optimistic – will be the critical difference between the 2013 and the 2018 edition for the Huskers.

#GBR

Last edited:

Just wanted to point out that these things are not entirely new to Nebraska.

Here we are doing The Program in 2013.

It's great that SF and Co. are using techniques like this, but the rearview lesson is that a winning program and culture takes more than than these kind of one-off interventions. WHICH – I'm optimistic – will be the critical difference between the 2013 and the 2018 edition for the Huskers.

#GBR

Excellent point. And I would add that it takes more than one year. Remember, this team is basically in rehab. Takes time.

Excellent point. And I would add that it takes more than one year. Remember, this team is basically in rehab. Takes time.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but "rehab" is a great analogy. Imagine being in rehab and having Zach Duvall walk into your room at 4:30 am, introduce himself, and "invite you" down to the gym to participate. :eek:

A Husker program in Rehab. That is a good way to describe it

:thumbsup:

There are other "Re" words to describe what's happening...

The Renaissance, Resurgence, Reawakening, and Revival of Big Red.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back