• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Ohio State recruits

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
It is beginning to look like this could be the last season for Urban Meyer . There’s another potential scandal surrounding the program and assistant coach’s behavior. While it’s being denied by almost everyone it’s still more headache for Meyer.
If he’s packing it in this year or not recruits must see the writing on the wall. With his health concerns, a less than expected team performance ,and questions of disarray on the staff one has to wonder if recruits could be looking around.
It would be nice to pry a few away from THE OSU....

I hear what you're saying, and I hope the end is near for Urban in terms of coaching.

But wouldn't it be nice to have everything seemingly falling apart and still be 9-1 with a legit chance to make the playoffs?

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying, and I hope the end is near for Urban in terms of coaching.

But wouldn't it be nice to have everything seemingly falling a part and still be 9-1 with a legit chance to make the playoffs?
Absolutely...the Michigan OSU game will be fun to watch...basically either Harbaugh or Meyer get embarassed.

It is beginning to look like this could be the last season for Urban Meyer . There’s another potential scandal surrounding the program and assistant coach’s behavior. While it’s being denied by almost everyone it’s still more headache for Meyer.
If he’s packing it in this year or not recruits must see the writing on the wall. With his health concerns, a less than expected team performance ,and questions of disarray on the staff one has to wonder if recruits could be looking around.
It would be nice to pry a few away from THE OSU....
Can I just add that this is part and parcel of the old. The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long adage. Urban Did well his first few years at FL then his health and teams started to fade. Then he goes to OSU and all appearances are that his health and teams are starting to fade. Mainly because IMHO he did not build it the right way. He goes for the shiny new recruit no matter what it takes. Bobfather and TO built from the ground up. So the seasons slowly built over time. This is what I think SF is doing. Taking his time to build it right.

Can I just add that this is part and parcel of the old. The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long adage. Urban Did well his first few years at FL then his health and teams started to fade. Then he goes to OSU and all appearances are that his health and teams are starting to fade. Mainly because IMHO he did not build it the right way. He goes for the shiny new recruit no matter what it takes. Bobfather and TO built from the ground up. So the seasons slowly built over time. This is what I think SF is doing. Taking his time to build it right.
How does being 9-1 and rated 10th make it appear that OSU is starting to fade?

How does being 9-1 and rated 10th make it appear that OSU is starting to fade?
because record is not everything. As an example at the end of FS and BP tenures they were still winning but you could start to see things fading. Much like even though we are 3-7 we are seeing things getting better. Last year they were the #16 rushing defense 2016 they were 12. This year 61. Total defense, 2016 #6 2017 #8 2018 #61. This is the kind of thing we saw with FS before the 6-6 season. The stats fall before the losses do.

because record is not everything. As an example at the end of FS and BP tenures they were still winning but you could start to see things fading. Much like even though we are 3-7 we are seeing things getting better. Last year they were the #16 rushing defense 2016 they were 12. This year 61. Total defense, 2016 #6 2017 #8 2018 #61. This is the kind of thing we saw with FS before the 6-6 season. The stats fall before the losses do.
Ok but I'll take crappy stats and a 9-1 record and #10 ranking all day long.

Last edited:

It's also a little bit of what recruits they are able to grab... do you think SF would turn down more 4 or 5** so he could "build it from the ground up"? If you truly believe that, I have some excellent beachfront property in South Dakota to sell you.

I think there is a correlation between noise around whatever program Urb is in charge of and his 'health', but it has nothing to do with building it the wrong way. If it wasn't for ol Nicky's run in Bama, Urb would be considered the best coach of the past 20 years, and probably have more than 3 championships to show for it.

It's also a little bit of what recruits they are able to grab... do you think SF would turn down more 4 or 5** so he could "build it from the ground up"? If you truly believe that, I have some excellent beachfront property in South Dakota to sell you.

I think there is a correlation between noise around whatever program Urb is in charge of and his 'health', but it has nothing to do with building it the wrong way. If it wasn't for ol Nicky's run in Bama, Urb would be considered the best coach of the past 20 years, and probably have more than 3 championships to show for it.
Of course not and I never said that. My point is that after a few years I believe that former "top guys" start to feel like cattle. So they do not feel the love. Do you think Joe Burrow was maybe feeling like he made a poor choice? He could have gotten a lot of starting time elsewhere. At a certain point if you get too many stars in the room it often leads to a less successful team if you do not treat them right. To probably had his highest rated class in 1995. 1992 class was good not great looking at actual rankings. Tommy was very highly rated. Brook not so much. It is about getting a good mix. Highly rated players willing to ride the bench are few and far between.

As for the second paragraph. Urb has a history of winning early and then after a few years either moving on or stepping away.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back