• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20 years! HuskerMax Members Tribute

I was a lurker back in high school! Didn't officially pony up for my membership until sometime after moving to Oregon in 2006.

When I lived in Omaha it was easy to keep tabs on NU. It's just everywhere you go. But for those of us living in exile from the fatherland, Huskermax is a life saver.

This site is part of my daily routine and I'm better for it.

(Incidentally, after everyone's outpouring of generosity this last Christmas, my WIFE is better for it and doesn't hound me about my membership dues anymore:nod:)

My profile says I joined in '99 but I have few "likes." Too many Pedey lovers hated me I guess.

Ah, yes. beans! :Biggrin:

That's what happens when I can no longer search by join date (used to be able to).

You'll result in a name change to "the terrific ten."

EDIT: "Tantalizing" is an upgrade.

Last edited:

I was living in Seattle about 10-12 years ago when I discovered Huskerpedia. Don't even remember what my user name was. Greats on the board, both then and now.

Can someone remind me how this went down. I remember being on HuskerPedia a long long time ago and pretty soon I think it was scout. Now I found this site a few years back and they are saying it used to be Huskerpedia. I think I recall being on it late 90's.

The way I heard it was that David and Jerry Tegtmeier started Huskerpedia, then they went sour and ......................

I had no idea the list of what amounts to "charter" members has become so small! And I think I might be the last of the original moderators, too?

I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but thanks for still counting me as still around. :)

And yes I have also been a follower since the adnet days, that must have been, what...94? 95?

Could only use the internet from school, hardly anyone even had dial up back then, and even with that it just went to AOL unless you were really nerdy and knew stuff.

In 1997 I moved to Wisconsin. No radio coverage of games, and TV coverage only if nationally televised. Sometimes on game days I would call the fire station in York where I had served for a few years, to get score updates or finals. You had to do what you had to do. Then I got a job that required me to carry one of those old school alphanumeric pagers. Joe Hudson did me a huge favor, and at my request made an announcement right on the front page (this is before it was even HuskerPedia), so that I could get connected with people who had home email. Had a couple of people step up, they emailed score updates directly to my pager! Instant score updates directly to my hip, in Wisconsin, in 1997!! This was near real-time "mobile coverage" a good 15 years before actual smartphone mobile connectivity became ubiquitous. That was great. Those were the days.

Last edited:

I haven't been here since 1999 but I am over 15 years now.....Believe I joined in December of 2003 during the Huskerpedia days, I believe I have my original username from there. I don't get as rowdy as I did in the day nor do I post a lot, but I read the forums a ton and I appreciate so many on here who keep this board updated on husker sports (and other topics) and feel like I know a lot of you even though I haven't met any of you. Thank you all!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back