• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The CFP sucks!

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member
I posted this in the Orange bowl thread but I wanted it to stand on it's own.

The CFP is a joke. 40 damn bowls and 38 of them don't mean squat. Alabama has the #1 recruiting class nearly every year because they are penciled in to go to the playoff every year because of past performance, SEC bias, weak schedule, but also good coaching. The fat get fatter because the best players are mainly going to go to the teams on top right now because there is only one goal - the CFP. Everything else is meaningless. The 85 schollie rule eventually brought parity to Division 1; the playoff has eliminated it, IMO.

I miss the drama of the bowls.

Comments?

I think we start a GoFundMe campaign to buy out Saban's contract and get him to agree to not coach college football any longer. It should take about $300 million. If we fall short we just let out a contract for hit.

I think we start a GoFundMe campaign to buy out Saban's contract and get him to agree to not coach college football any longer. It should take about $300 million. If we fall short we just let out a contract for hit.
What's the going rate for contracts these days?

$10,000 on Amazon if the target is a regular shmoe. Someone with Saban's profile would cost more probably.
Prime? (Want to save on shipping.)
Also, do you think anyone would notice if we skipped buying out Saban and started a Kickstarter to fund the contract instead?

Last edited:
Prime? (Want to save on shipping.)
Also, do you think anyone would notice if we skipped buying out Saban and started a Kickstarter to fund the contract instead?
It would be cheaper, but it is technically illegal. Given it's Saban though I figure the most all the contributors would be looking at is probation.

It would be cheaper, but it is technically illegal. Given it's Saban though I figure the most all the contributors would be looking at is probation.
Surely someone will step up and take one for the team to save college football. Volunteers? Anyone? Anyone?

I'll probably watch the Championship game like I did these 2 playoff games; the sound will be down, I'll have music playing and every once in a while I'll look at the TV to see the score. Not that I'll really care anyway. To me the only thing it has going for it, is that it's college football. But, even these games are better than 'no' college football games...which is almost here for this season. :(

The CFP will suck until Nebraska, ranked fourth, has a shot at playing in the National Championship game. Then, the CFP will be great.

I'm not that old, but, I don't recall a time when all of the bowls "had meaning". The bowls mean something to the teams playing in them and to the fans of those teams. The bowls increase parity. Yes, the playoff decreases that parity a bit, but, not by much. The top ranked team has yet to win a National Championship since the CFP started, and the fourth ranked team has won twice. Aside from the OSU-Oregon game, the NC games have been fun to watch. The CFP is/was a good idea.

I’ll at least give Alabama some credit, they do play a somewhat tough schedule. And yes they do this with top 3 recruiting classes every year. But who really challenges Clemson in the ACC? No one, really.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back