• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Terry Wilson in Scott Frost offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this...especially if you look at how the QB room could look.

Let's just look at this as if those two were Terry Wilson and Adrian Martinez. There will most likely be some attrition that will allow for this to not even be a concern as far as recruiting numbers go. Having a dual threat with a year of JUCO experience and a high school dual threat QB come in allows for the QB room to not look as bare. Lee could likely decide to declare for the draft or transfer as a graduate since he is starting he is finishing his 5th year of college. Some believe that staying at Nebraska probably wouldn't help his draft stock much since his skill set doesn't lean toward dual threat. If he isn't ready to graduate, the NFL looks to be the best option.

Looking at POB and Gebbia, some on the board feel that either could probably jump in and do what Frost would want...there are differing opinions on who is the better fit or if either would be interested or if Frost even thinks they could do what he would like. I'm sure that Frost has found some time for him and Verduzco to sit down and look at any film on the both of them to get a feel.

So here's what is out there:
Lee--One year of eligibility left. Will he most likely graduate transfer or declare for draft?
POB--Three years of eligibility left. Does he think he can run Frost's offense or will he decide to transfer?
Gebbia--Four years of eligibility left. Does he think he can run Frost's offense or will he decide to transfer?
Wilson--Three years of eligibility left. Will Frost offer? If so, he's N as long as he can deal with moving his visit back.
Martinez--Fours years of eligibility left with a redshirt year. Will he pull the trigger?
Bunch--Three years of eligibility left. Could he be a surprise or is it just good to have a body to help run things in practice?
Darlington--One year of eligibility left. Recruited as a dual threat QB and is now a WR/holder. Does he graduate early or possibly get "cut loose"?

If Lee leaves, then POB, Gebbia, Wilson, Martinez, and Bunch would be a pretty good QB room.
Even Wilson comes in and shows he is the man in the spring and is named starter? Do POB and/or Gebbia look elsewhere?
What if Gebbia or POB win the job in the spring? Does the other look to transfer?

Because of questions like these, if Wilson (as long as Frost offers) and Martinez both want N, taking two QBs would definitely be good for the program. Again I just used Wilson and Martinez as examples because of the upcoming visits...
We will lose at least one guy this offseason between Lee, O'Brien, and Gebbia. I don't know who will come into the picture for QBs but I think we take two. Terry Wilson is a little too hot and cold for my liking.

We will lose at least one guy this offseason between Lee, O'Brien, and Gebbia. I don't know who will come into the picture for QBs but I think we take two. Terry Wilson is a little too hot and cold for my liking.
Yeah, I get that. It's like a guy that I once coached who had all of the talent in the world, but his attitude got in the way.

Last edited:

I'm not sold on Terry Wilson at QB. I think that he would be better at another position. In a similar offense at Oregon, he couldn't beat the other QBs for the starting job and he left because of it. Why would it be any different here?

My vote for a JUCO QB, if they are set on taking one, would be for Kai Locksley at Iowa Western.

My guess is Lee bails . . . he's just not a fit for Frost on so many levels. POB I think "can" run enough of the spread to be effective, but I think he'll have an uphill battle to beat out Gebbia (of the guys already on the roster) and I don't know that he'll want to play that backup role again, especially when you consider we'll certainly bring in more dual-threat QBs where the competition gets even harder.

Gebbia, if he wants to, I think could really be oustanding in Frost's offense for the most part. His running won't be great, but he can scramble good enough to be pretty dangerous. And I think he showed in the spring game that he's pretty darn mobile, makes good decisions, and is accurate with passing on the move. He's got a real shot at being the starter, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back