• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Terrible B1G Bowl Results

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Almost sure 3 wins and 7 losses. West division, 3 wins; powerful East, zilch wins.

Turtles vs. Catholics - L
Rodents vs. Pirates - W
Purples vs. Pitt Holes - W
Hoosiers vs. Mormons - L
M.A.S.H. (built in excuses) vs. Davy Crockett - L
Meechickens vs. Rapists - L
Shutout Urban vs. Orange Juice - L

..... remaining schedules .....

Whiskeys vs. FCS - W (likely)
Vultures vs. Swamps - L (likely)
Peds vs. U$C - L (likely)

Last edited:

B1G really crap the bed this year. This isn't a good look for us.

Outside of the Buckeyes, it doesn't matter. Who cares? The sooner the FBS joins the real world and quits awarding participation ribbons the better.

Meh... maybe I have rose colored glasses but I thought the Big Ten did about what was expected...

Nebraska was missing 3 of its best players... The gap in talent was glaring and we still hung in there in a defacto home game for UT.

Michigan was missing its 2 very best players and lost on a last minute score by 1 pt to a team playing a defacto home game

Ohio St offense was putrid... JTB thought he was some special pocket passer and wanted to get in a duel with Watson when Watson just decided that running the ball from the QB spot is often a wise decision... (take note Husker coaches)

Wisconsin did what it needed to vs a plucky opponent

Iowa moved the ball fairly well between the 20s but turned the ball over 5 times... They stink when someone hits them in the mouth...

Minnesota had a great win with a 2nd string defensive backfield

Maryland stinks but showed heart in the second half

Northwestern beat the only team that beat 2 Power 5 conf champs in Pitt

Penn St lost but I think everyone thinks higher of them after that epic game.

Last edited:
Meh... maybe I have rose colored glasses but I thought the Big Ten did about what was expected...

Nebraska was missing 3 of its best players... The gap in talent was glaring and we still hung in there in a defacto home game for UT.

Michigan was missing its 2 very best players and lost on a last minute score by 1 pt to a team playing a defacto home game

Ohio St offense was putrid... JTB thought he was some special pocket passer and wanted to get in a duel with Watson when Watson just decided that running the ball from the QB spot is often a wise decision... (take note Husker coaches)

Wisconsin did what it needed to vs a plucky opponent

Iowa moved the ball fairly well between the 20s but turned the ball over 5 times... They stink when someone hits them in the mouth...

Minnesota had a great win with a 2nd string defensive backfield

Maryland stinks but showed heart in the second half

Northwestern beat the only team that beat 2 Power 5 conf champs in Pitt

Penn St lost but I think everyone thinks higher of them after that epic game.

Very simply ... the top three Big Ten teams from the East division went 0-3. The top three from the West division went 1-2.

1-5 from the conferences top six ... I hope that's not about what was expected. If so, then the Big Ten is no better than mediocre. Yes, I know there were some close losses, but it was 1-5 from what many touted as the best conference. I also understand some of our lower-tier teams did better, but the spotlight was much more on the teams that lost.

Last edited:

Very simply ... the top three Big Ten teams from the East division went 0-3. The top three from the West division went 1-2.

1-5 from the conferences top six ... I hope that's not about what was expected. If so, then the Big Ten is no better than mediocre. Yes, I know there were some close losses, but it was 1-5 from what many touted as the best conference. I also understand some of our lower-tier teams did better, but the spotlight was much more on the teams that lost.

Good post.

I told you guys all year that Sagarin's computers had the Big Ten at or near the bottom of the P5 conferences.

Good post.

I told you guys all year that Sagarin's computers had the Big Ten at or near the bottom of the P5 conferences.
So if Armstrong, Westerkamp and Gerry play... does Nebraska beat Tennessee? I certainly think they do.

If Peppers and Butt play for Michigan... surely they beat FSU?

Penn St threw a terrible INT at the end of the game... They were certainly on par with a USC team that I think was top 10...

That is a big 3 game swing... in terms of "perception"

So if Armstrong, Westerkamp and Gerry play... does Nebraska beat Tennessee? I certainly think they do.

If Peppers and Butt play for Michigan... surely they beat FSU?

Penn St threw a terrible INT at the end of the game... They were certainly on par with a USC team that I think was top 10...

That is a big 3 game swing... in terms of "perception"

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, oh what a Christmas we'd have.

Computers don't perceive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back