• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TE Matt Snyder is all 'N' will sign with the Huskers on NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be a great pickup in my opinion....a pass catching TE with great hands and a long stride.....247 composite has him as a borderline 4-star.....

Would be a great pickup in my opinion....a pass catching TE with great hands and a long stride.....247 composite has him as a borderline 4-star.....

Sounds good. I've been wanting to get our TE's involved in the passing game for a while now.

The young man just needs to watch some of the old Utah State games from Anderson's last year to see which offense he will thrive in.

I wish it were that easy.....location is huge for a lot of kids....especially those from states like CA and FL....unless we build a long term relationship that the kid is willing to make the move for.....hopefully in this case that is it....

Sure it is, you always go with BIG RED in a situation like this

location is huge for a lot of kids....especially those from states like CA and FL....unless we build a long term relationship that the kid is willing to make the move for.....hopefully in this case that is it....
RR: One thing I would mention is that for some kids in Southern California, going to college out of state is kind of an exotic thing. I am a Los Angeles County native, went to college in Los Angeles, but I really liked the idea of going out of state for grad school, so I decided on NU. It can be a big deal for California kids to go out of state for their college degrees. For a lot of California kids, there is actually a big attraction to leave home and grow up and get a change of scenery. I guess that is one reason I wish we could get our foot in the door with Long Beach Polytechnic again (we had one so-so cornerback from there a couple of years ago who transferred; he was never going to start at NU).

Last edited:
I grew up in S. California too....and yup I had some buddies who ventured out of state for what you mentioned....most stayed in state though because the education is hard to beat at places like UCLA, UCR and UCSD....all top 20 schools....I was willing to go out of state because we did not move until I was 15 to CA....but the undergrad and grad offer to UC schools was to good to pass on.....

Then again I was not CA born or raised until I was 15....

My best friend and best man at our wedding went to undergrad in CA and went to Ohio State for Grad School....so it happens.....

RR: One thing I would mention is that for some kids in Southern California, going to college out of state is kind of an exotic thing. I am a Los Angeles County native, went to college in Los Angeles, but I really liked the idea of going out of state for grad school, so I decided on NU. It can be a big deal for California kids to go out of state for their college degrees. For a lot of California kids, there is actually a big attraction to leave home and grow up and get a change of scenery. I guess that is one reason I wish we could get our foot in the door with Long Beach Polytechnic again (we had one so-so cornerback from there a couple of years ago who transferred; he was never going to start at NU).

Im the opposite, grew up in Nebraska and ended up In So Cal. It takes a lot of horse power to live out here, I go back every year and it seems so much easier, just logistics. People wouldn't dream of driving for Kearney to Lincoln and back every day for work, we have a lot of guys that drive 2-3 hours each way to work, not only miles but time (if you haven't experienced the 405, oh boy! lol)

all that being said, getting a chance to experience the mid west has to have some appeal!

Come to Lincoln, stay for the Football!

Nebraska native living in Nebraska...after 23 years traversing around the World and the US!:Biggrin:

Looks like the decision could be this coming week....the fact that there is going to be one bodes well for us I hope as he is already and Oregon State commit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back