• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TCU v. Nebraska Match Thread - December 3

Maybe, but the Michigan St. - Arizona match is in the 5th set, and the Kentucky - Washington match won't start for nearly an hour. Penn St. - NU is set.
Arizona defeated Michigan St. in 5 sets. Three of the four spots in Lincoln next weekend are accounted for. Arizona will face the winner of the Kentucky - Washington match (probably Washington), and NU will face Penn St.

The No. 1 seed Nebraska volleyball team never trailed in a 3-0 sweep of TCU on Saturday night in a second-round NCAA Tournament match in front of 8,204 fans inside the Bob Devaney Sports Center. With the win, Nebraska advanced to face 16th-seeded Penn State next Friday in an NCAA Regional Semifinal at the Devaney Center.

The win was the Huskers' eighth straight postseason victory and marked the 100th NCAA Tournament win in program history. Nebraska became just the second program in NCAA history to reach the 100-win milestone, while the Huskers advanced to an NCAA Regional for the 32nd time, the most in NCAA history. Nebraska improved to 29-2 on the season, and the Huskers' quest for back-to-back national championships will continue on Friday when the Huskers face Penn State for the third time this season. Game times for Friday's regional semifinals at the Devaney Center have not yet been announced.

Senior Kadie Rolfzen paced the Huskers in the sweep of the Horned Frogs with an all-around effort befitting of her status as a three-time All-American. Rolfzen finished with a match-high 14 kills on only 30 swings while hitting .400. She also added seven blocks, four digs and two assists. Sophomore Mikaela Foecke added 10 kills on 28 swings, while senior libero Justine Wong-Orantes broke one Nebraska postseason record and tied another. Wong-Orantes totaled 24 digs in the match, tying the Husker record for most digs in a three-set NCAA Tournament match. The 24 digs also allowed Wong-Orantes to pass Kayla Banwarth as the Huskers' all-time digs leader in NCAA Tournament matches. Juniors Kelly Hunter and Annika Albrecht added 10 digs apiece and Nebraska blocked TCU 10 times while holding the Horned Frogs to an .056 attack percentage that tied their lowest mark of the season.

Washington beat Kentucky 3-0, so Washington will meet Arizona on Friday, and NU will play Penn St. in the second match.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211338498

How the heck does it happen that the last three teams to win the NC are all in the same bracket? Seems like a set up to me.

I'm normally just a lurker on the volleyball team.....so I'm asking honestly, why is that?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure and certainly not an expert but he expresses firm views about decisions made by the NCAA and AVCA regarding many issues. Issue like this seem to happen to him often. IMHO.

How the heck does it happen that the last three teams to win the NC are all in the same bracket? Seems like a set up to me.
To be fair PSU was not that good this year. Huskers beat them in State College.

These are not the same teams they were last time they won it. Huskers may be better than next year. Lord knows I don't want to face Wisky or Minny until the Final Four.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back