• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Taylor Kissinger Newest Husker Commit

Lol...forgot we have a new coach! Not the time of year I typically think about basketball...Go Huskers!

Huskers Sign Top In-State Recruit Taylor Kissinger

DIEZOISAJPHVYDG.20161109180925.jpg

The top-ranked high school recruit in the state of Nebraska, Taylor Kissinger signed her National Letter of Intent to join the Nebraska women’s basketball team for the 2017-18 season on the first day of the fall signing period on Wednesday, Nov. 9.
Kissinger is the only prep player from the state of Nebraska ranked among the nation’s top 100 recruits in the 2017 signing class.
Kissinger said she chose Nebraska because of her familiarity with the program.

“The more I got to know Coach Williams and her staff, the more comfortable I got, and I just really like the staff,” Kissinger said. “When I was a little kid I always thought about playing for the Huskers, so I want to make my dreams come true.”

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=29&SPID=25&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211284393&DB_OEM_ID=100

Kissinger Tribland’s Most Valuable Player
The Minden Whippets finished with a 20-8 record this season even though their best player, Taylor Kissinger, missed 14 games due to injury.

When the 6-foot, 1-inch, senior was on the floor, the team went 10-1 During that stretch, Minden scored 60.0 points per game and gave up only 29.7 per game. In five of those victories, Kissinger’s final point tally either tied or beat the opposing team’s.
Without the five-star rated University of Nebraska signee and ESPN’s 12th-ranked guard in the country, the Whippets went 7-7, scoring 41.5 per game and giving up 36.1 to the competition.

“It’s not only her ability. She made everybody else on our team better,” said head coach Rick Chramosta
One game in particular that Chramosta mentioned was Minden’s 72-38 victory over Lincoln Lutheran in the first round of the 2014 Class C-1 state tournament, when Kissinger tied her older sister Brook’s state tournament record with seven 3-pointers.

“She hit about five 3s in a row in a 2-minute span, and for the people there that watched that, it put them in awe,” he said. “I don’t know if it put me in awe because I’ve seen it a thousand times in practice.”

http://www.hastingstribune.com/spor...cle_d908e29c-0b3c-11e7-82fc-cbbc236e42a2.html

Kissinger is a great addition.

What is necessary is subtraction of a couple players who have killed the program. Too many blaming the coach.

Extremely Good News! :nod: Whether or not Taylor is able to play in the Huskers opening game in the Big Ten Tournament, This means that her injury is not as serious as had been feared. :Bow:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back