1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

Discussion in 'Football' started by TFrazier, Apr 19, 2017.

1. EastOfEden

EastOfEden Red Shirt 5 Year Member

The NFL is dying for potential QBs. Take a look around at what guys are getting big contracts. They are scouring the place looking for possibilities. Lee fits the model. If he has a really good year, they will really want him.

2. YUENGLING

YUENGLING Scout Team 5 Year Member

If Lee has the kind of year that leads to him being a first or even second round NFL pick I believe most fans would be fine with that. It's been a very very long time since the Huskers had a QB considered a first or second round pick.

3. unmartin

unmartin All Legend 10 Year Member

;)

Greatest Fan of All likes this.
  4. Greatest Fan of All

Greatest Fan of All The Legend 10 Year Member

I certainly wouldn't be angry or even concerned if TL had a great year and decided to cash out with the NFL if he had the chance. That said, I believe he will have a great year in 2017 and stick around for an even better year in 2018. Sue me.

5. Red October

Red October Scout Team 2 Year Member

OH come on man, you spelt out the kiss of death, expectations. I prefer having the starter around for a couple of years at least

6. berryhusker

berryhusker Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

That would be a wonderful scenario. It has been a long time since we've had the luxury of playing the #2 QB without necessity.

7. berryhusker

berryhusker Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

I'm with you on this. Nothing he said was threatening or disrespectful. I have differing opinions from SoCal on many topics, but I believe his reputation leads to quick shut-downs. I disagree with him being excluded from the thread, but that's just my opinion.

Back to topic- I look forward to having Lee as our starting QB while continually being pushed by POB for his betterment. When was the last time we had a staple of QB's this capable of running our offense? It has been a while, maybe 1995?...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    All 'N' 011808 likes this.
  8. YUENGLING

YUENGLING Scout Team 5 Year Member

I hope this board is discussing/wondering will he stay or will he go at the end of this season.

Greatest Fan of All and Native like this.
  9. Nebugeater

Nebugeater Scout Team 15 Year Member

But can he run the option? :Wink:

10. Native

Native ToungeInCheek since 2010 5 Year Member

Yes, the stats aren't as pretty and looked at in a vacuum aren't impressive. But if you believe the arguments that Tulane as a team was bad and forced them to play from behind, that the coaches making statements about him being the only one keeping them in the games.... Then I take those stats with a grain of salt. Hard to blossom if you are in a black enough place.

11. Suhperman

Suhperman Resident Genius 2 Year Member

He has other options with an arm like that. ;)

12. NUinID

NUinID Red Shirt

Not fantasy at all. Saying that for sure Penn St is going to be great and for sure beat Nebraska next year based on 1 strong finish to a season and the return of a lot of starters is not a sure thing.

If Penn St has strung 5 10-2 season's together in a row then I would give the nod heavily to Penn St. But 1 10 and 2 season after multiple season of 4,5,6 losses does not mean for sure that they are automatically going to be great next year.

13. BigMacHusker

BigMacHusker Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

Does anyone know if Lee will be given the Heisman before conference play or are they still going to wait until the end of the season? I just hope Gebbia gets to play in a real game before he leaves for the NFL.

Sonuvahusker and canadianhusker like this.
  14. huskrthill

huskrthill Crap 5 Year Member

What if we had a guy that passed for 2700 yards and ran for another 700? Would we be ok?

15. unmartin

unmartin All Legend 10 Year Member

What's the TD vs INT ratio on the 2700?

Are the yards built on reading the coverage and delivering to the correct progression? Or is it compiled on YOLO bombs and RB swing routes?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017